UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage business analysts, data journalists and machine learning advanced analytics and lead capabilities to derive intelligence and apply the actionable insights to improve health care programs and strategies. Effectively support and promote the development of staff members
- Be part of the business and product team and help design the roadmap based on data, analysis and continuing improvements from the machine learning
- Coach and develop teams on the application of advanced analytics to business solutions
- Lead data governance and stewardship work streams
- Ability to self-initiate and drive data programs in a rapid change environment where the bar is continually raised
- Provide analytic leadership and oversight to support operational analytics, machine learning and process improvement data deep dive, identify and execute on new opportunities for increases in efficiencies and performance
- Work closely with business leaders to develop innovative analytic solutions, create actionable insights and drive better decisions and performance to help the business fulfill its mission
- Develop visionary and creative analytic solutions to measure business performance; identify/ quantify metrics that matter and define analytic solutions to grow the business
- Influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas, projects and approaches derived from analysis
- Serve as a strong coach and will foster career development of team members
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in applicable area of expertise (Statistics, Data Sciences, Machine Learning)
- 8+ years of experience in reporting, analysis, data management and machine learning
- 6+ years of experience working with SQL
- 6+ year of experience with the landscape of data science methods, including data collection, data cleaning & validation, data storage/security, and data processing
- 6+ year of experience delivering and translating appropriate needs into data science work, explaining data science concepts and results to colleagues with different backgrounds
- 5+ years’ experience as a manager or supervisor
- Ability to demonstrate key successes on business solution derived from analysis and deep learning
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- MBA or advanced degree
- Web scraping experience
- Python experience
- Panda experience
- Project management and operational (claims, call center, membership, etc.) experience
- Analysis and machine learning experience within managed care/health insurance industry experience in government programs, and/or finance
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr. Manager of Data Analytics and Sciences, Statistics, Data Sciences, Machine Learning, Reporting, Analysis, Analytics, Data Management, SQL, Data Science, Deep Learning, Data Collection, Data Processing, MBA, Web Scraping, Python, Panda, Project Management, Operations, Healthcare, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, UHC, UnitedHealthcare, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote