Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address critical challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, productivity, global urbanization and energy. With approximately 129,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, Honeywell has an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything they make and do. Honeywell has been named a Top 100 Global Innovator for seven years in a row, recognizing the company's global reach of portfolio and invention influence.
In Kansas City, Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies (FM&T) manages and operates the U.S. Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration's (NNSA) Kansas City National Security Campus. This state-of-the-art engineering, manufacturing and sourcing facility produces a wide array of intricate components to deliver trusted national security products and government services primarily for the NNSA. Honeywell FM&T's culture of integrity, commitment and continuous improvement enables them to deliver responsive, collaborative, and innovative management and technology services and products that translate into cutting edge solutions to complex national security issues.
* This position will be in Kansas City, MO*
Summary of Duties:
* Participates or leads teams to provide quality input for the development, manufacture, procurement, and acceptance of a variety of products and assemblies
* Develops methods and writes detailed instructions for inspection processes
* Coordinates the design of product acceptance equipment and the ordering of testers, gages, and equipment to support product acceptance
* Provides technical assistance to inspection areas
* Develops and monitors quality metrics, levels, and trends
* Analyzes and makes recommendations regarding product discrepancies
* Evaluates opportunities for defect prevention and implements specific and preventative corrective actions
* Develops test procedures and performs evaluation tests, capability studies, quality audits, data reviews, and other engineering evaluations utilizing Six Sigma methodology
* Interacts with customers, suppliers, designers, and others to assist in resolving design, development, production, and acceptance issues
* Provides technical consultation to management and others and leads technical project teams
* Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established ES&H requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every associate has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified
* Mentoring of other engineers and associated staff members
You Must Have:
* U.S. citizenship to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy Q-level security clearance.
* Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineer, or related engineering discipline from an ABET accredited institution/program is required.
* At least six years' experience in a manufacturing, production or quality engineering role
* Existing DOE Q-Clearance desirable
* Ability to analyze engineering drawings and specifications to develop effective acceptance processes and improve existing processes.
* Demonstrated ability to lead quality improvement projects.
* Familiarity with Six Sigma tools and methodology; Six Sigma certification preferred.
* Effective verbal, written, and presentation skills.
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to influence others to accomplish complex tasks and solve complex technical problems.
* Ability and willingness to drive change and challenge / improve existing processes.
* Demonstrated project management/leadership skills; ability to evaluate situations, determine corrective measures, plan and lead other employees and suppliers to execute plans to meet customer deliverables
* JOB ID: req363938
* Category: Engineering
* Location: 14520 Botts Road,Kansas City,Missouri,64147,United States
* Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell FM&T Overview
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
- Assembly And Installation
- Chemical Engineering
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Electrical Engineering