Security: Public Trust
• Design, develop, and debug web-based software solutions, with a focus on Java, API's/ back-end services and relational database technologies.
• Analyze, review, and rewrite programs to increase operating efficiency or to adapt to new program requirements.
• Effectively communicate and resolve issues with cross functional groups to escalate issues or changes in scope.
• Communicate clearly and concisely with clients, customers and management.
This role’s primary objective will be to maintain and support multiple corporate JAVA applications and databases in accordance with the Government's software delivery schedules and release practices/procedures. This person shall adhere to all Reclamation established maintenance and support policies, procedures and standards.
The application maintenance and support Software Development Life Cycle will also include the following activities:
• Respond to Tier 3 Support tickets:
• Priority 1 – Organization Emergency Critical Incident
• Priority 2 – Multiple Client Critical Incident
• Priority 3 – Single Client Medium Incident
• Priority 4 – Routine Incident
• Priority 5 – Planned Enhancement
• Provide ongoing application and database support and maintenance to customers, business owners, end-users and system administrators.
• Data changes made directly to the database tables. This includes writing the SQL script to perform the data change task.
• Modify existing applications.
• Modify page content for HTML web pages.
• Maintain and support application(s) on local workstation, deploying such software to the development environment, deploying such software to the test environment, and requesting deployments of such software to the Reclamation production environment.
•Import and export data from and to various databases and provide linking between databases based on application needs.
• Implement and or modify database designs and database interfaces based on application needs.
• Provide a project schedule of changes within 5 business days of request.
• As required, this person shall analyze requests for application change and provide a Systems Impact Plan/Software Development Plan that addresses the maintenance activities identified by the Government. At a minimum, the Systems Impact Plan/Software Development Plan shall provide a detailed design that describes the specific changes to the database, screens, reports, application code and/or batch functions brought about by the maintenance activities. The Plan shall discuss any perceived risks, impacts to the system, schedule, user training requirements, impact to system configuration and approach to executing the enhancements.
• Perform analysis necessary to maintain and support applications and application databases.
• Determining gaps between current and desired future business state.
- 6 years Java Development experience
- Experience leveraging libraries and tools such as: AJAX, jQuery, AngularJS / NodeJS, Ember, Using and working in team environments that use agile methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Lean)
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
• Oracle 11g and higher
• BIRT Reporting
• Impromptu Web Reporting v7.3/4
• Jasper v2.x and higher
• JAVA 1.6 and higher
• JBoss 5, JBoss 7, JBoss WildFly 8, WildFly 10
• WebSphere 6 and higher
• IBM Actuate Report Writer
• TRM Rules Manager
• IBM Maximo Asset Management 7.5 and higher
• CiM Visual Planner Suite
• JBoss ESB
• JAVA Web Services
• Maximo Integration Framework (MIF)
• JAVA Script
• SQL Server 2005,2012 and higher
Development Tool Experience Needed:
• SQL Developer
• Dream Weaver
• Apache Subversion
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Information systems, business systems, management information systems, IT Management, and/or other IT degree and a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience.
- Engineering, math, and/or science degrees are acceptable substitute degrees.
- The ability to successfully obtain and maintain a U.S. Suitability/Public Trust Background Clearance
US Citizen or GC w/ 3 years' residency
Ajax (Programming Language)
Hyper Text Markup Language (Html)
Lamp (Software Bundle)
Java Script (Programming Language)
Java (Programming Language)
Php (Scripting Language)