STANDARD I – Position Specific Essential Performance Criteria
Performs position specific job functions at an acceptable level with minimal direction.
- Conducts initial evaluations/consultations to assess the capabilities and limitations of the client to include but not limited to: communication, augmentative alternative communication devices, eating and swallowing,
- Implements speech therapy treatments, programs and staff instructions which are consistent with the physician’s orders and designed plan of care
- Designs appropriate treatment plan of care and training programs for the client
- Observes, records and reports on the client’s progress through required documentation to include evaluation, contact notes, monthly progress notes and discharge summaries
- Provides training on staff instructions to direct care staff involved in teaching daily living skills and activities.
- Prepares and maintains operational records such as the client’s evaluations, re-evaluations, treatment plans, revised treatment plans, contact notes, progress notes, discharge notes, and other operational records and reports, and submits in established format and timelines.
- Communicates with supervisor and other health team members regarding client’s progress, problems and plans as needed.
- Attends consultations, circle of support and medical staffing.
- Adheres to the scope of practice and ethical standards for speech language pathology as it applies to state and national standards
STANDARD II – Job Knowledge/Productivity/Initiative - Maintains certifications, education and development appropriate for position. Completes position responsibilities by following established guidelines and protocols within the appropriate time frame.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of work practices/responsibilities and emergency procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to set priorities; utilizes organizational skills to complete duties timely including but not limited to submission of timesheets, invoices and documentation for record maintenance and billing purposes.
- Demonstrates ability to accept and act upon suggestions for improved performance.
- Demonstrates ability to perform work in an accurate and timely manner
- Demonstrates self-direction, flexibility, professional development and willingness to master new skills.
- Demonstrates reliability by adhering to D&S’s attendance policies as documented on the attendance records.
- Complete monthly approved assessment and service units with an 85% completion rate
STANDARD III – Customer Service/Communication/Interpersonal Skills - Demonstrates good skills in all forms of communication. Works well with others in a spirit of teamwork and cooperation. Exceed expectations of internal and external customers: Patients, families, physicians, colleagues, visitors and vendors.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication. Utilizes proper etiquette with telephone and Electronic mail.
- Demonstrates respect for other’s opinions, judgment, and capabilities; gives recognition and praise.
- Anticipates and provides resolution to issues based on the needs and expectations of our customers.
- Consistently displays professional, compassionate behavior that enhances the public image of D&S evidenced by professional care of clients and courteous behavior toward the public and co-workers.
- Responds to supervisors, clients and co-workers request for information and assistance in cooperative manner and within appropriate time frame.
- Channels concerns appropriately through Chain of Command; deals with conflict appropriately/privately.
- Treats others with respect at all times; maintains a work environment free of harassment, hostility, threats or violence.
- Demonstrates team effort to cover approved services and assessment units as requested or needed.