To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Corpus Christi, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Tech I - Turnaround
Total Safety • Corpus Christi, TX
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Learns to inspect, test, and maintain safety equipment per manufacturers requirements and document service according to TSUS/customer policies and procedures.
- Assists others in facility including stocking shelves with clean, tested and ready to use equipment and pulling, staging and loading customer orders onto trucks for delivery.
- Maintains work area and other areas in a clean and orderly condition. Performs additional duties after training.
- Learns to issue, receive, track and inspect equipment using TSUS/customer provided software.
- Able to effectively communicate with others and build rapport with customers quickly.
- Must work safely and adhere to all TSUS & customer policies and procedures.
- Receipt, inspection, cleaning, servicing, reassembling and testing of various SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus) and other respiratory equipment and breathing air equipment in accordance with approved testing and service procedures.
- Routine inspection and maintenance of breathing air regulators and reducers.
- Completes all documentation and data entry associated with inspection and repair in a timely and accurate manner.
- Conduct detailed visual inspections and system functional tests of various systems and equipment for the purpose of reporting any deficiencies and corrective action recommendations to Project Manager.
- Maintains work area and other areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Work 12-hour shifts.
Education and Experience: High School diploma or GED and at least 3 6 months experience in the field.
Required Licenses or Specific Training: Successfully completed Total Safety Work Instruction training and demonstrated competence to service fall protection, gas detection and breathing air equipment and can operate the High Pressure Loop System and High Volume Low Pressure compressor with limited supervision. Must have a valid Class C drivers license from state of residence and valid proof of vehicle insurance. Must possess good driving record and be insurable for Total Safety vehicle insurance while driving company truck. Must have ability to pass internal forklift / scissor-lift certification as required. Must have the ability to obtain a manufacturers certification if required for specific job.
Other Required Skills, Knowledge or Abilities: Ability to learn quickly how to troubleshoot and diagnose assigned equipment problems and take corrective action within policy and procedure limitations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility and customer required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE). Must have training in Respiratory Protection and fully certified to wear respiratory breathing equipment (Fit Tested) as required.
Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
Must be able to travel as required for training and other business needs.
Interpersonal Communications: Ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions). Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Second language is a plus. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization preferred. Contacts with immediate associates and immediate supervisor for instructions, training and guidance. Daily customer contact.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Plant environment. May be frequently exposed to wet, humid, outside weather conditions and vibration. Works in customer environments. May be exposed to high pressure, chemicals, and plant traffic. The noise level in work environment is usually moderate.
Complexity of Duties and Decisions: Performs a variety of manual functions. Follows established procedures to perform standardized tasks. Most errors are caught during self-inspection or by higher level staff before leaving work unit. Supervisor assures that the work is technically accurate and in compliance with instructions or established procedures.
Authority: Works under direct supervision: Specific instructions are given on assignments or follows written or verbal instructions and established procedures and standard practice to perform assigned tasks. No direct reports, but may assist less experienced.
About Total Safety:
Total Safety is the world's premier provider of integrated safety and compliance services and the products necessary to support them, including gas detection, respiratory protection, safety training, fire protection, compliance and inspection, comprehensive flare services, industrial hygiene, onsite emergency medical treatment/paramedics, communications systems, engineered systems design, and materials management.
Total Safety operates from 176 locations in 20 countries to ensure the safe Wellbeing of Workers Worldwide (W3).
Total Safety is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Total Safety, please contact Human Resources at ( phone number removed> . (For telecommunications device for the hearing impaired TTY, please contact 711).