To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- OLD RVR-WNFRE, TX 77520
- Jamie Chong
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Desktop Support Technician (Hardware Upgrade)
Kelly IT Resources • OLD RVR-WNFRE, TX
Posted 1 month ago
Desktop Support Technician - Baytown, TX The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with our client, a world leader in the oil and gas industry, supporting a hardware upgrade project. The position is based in Baytown, TX. This is a 12-month contract with possibility of renewal. Job Descriptions: The Desktop Technician will be supporting a hardware deployment projects. You will be and working with users on their computer upgrades at the Baytown facilities. You will be providing necessary training to the users and support / troubleshoot transition issues. You will also be responsible of asset data input and computer room clean up. During project downtime, you will provide a variety of day to day technical support to users, as follows:
- Perform comprehensive maintenance which includes PC, laptops, printers and other PC peripherals.
- Relocate & install PCs, printers & other peripherals including client’s based standard software for all client’s locations.
- Install & configure of end user software, e.g.: MS Office, MS Outlook, etc.
- Observe client’s security & safety regulation in particular to virus protection.
- Ensure software is virus free prior to installation.
- Install Local Area Network (LAN) client software & hardware as appropriate.
- Update hardware/software asset data using Asset Center database upon installation or relocation of any PC equipment.
- Small hands on component which will involve overseeing security of the computer rooms and racking/troubleshooting server/network equipment, with the support from other global resources.
- A+ CompTIA certification.
- Experience in large volume hardware (desktop/ laptop) upgrade and deployment project is highly desirable.
- Preferably 2 years’ experience in PC/printers support & maintenance.
- experience in PC (Desktop / Laptop) troubleshooting and general IT Support in an Enterprise environment.
- Experience in supporting Window 7 & 8 client environment, MS Outlook, WINDOW-based application such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience support hardware deployment projects.
- Knowledge of Symantec Antivirus / Attachmate Extra Program etc.
- Basic knowledge in supporting iOS devices (i.e. iPhone and iPad).
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) as this role is highly interactive with users.
- Pleasant personality & positive attitude.
- Effective end user communication.
- Analytical skills & customer oriented.
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high- visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 3,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent: people like you.
Last year we found 8,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.