Title: Help Desk Technician
Location: Los Angeles, 90095
Duration: 6 month contract (possible extension)
- *High School Diploma or GED required.
- *Minimum 2 years experience working with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows XP.
- *Minimum 2 years application support experience with Microsoft applications including Office and Outlook.
Skills and Knowledge:
- AA degree or equivalent trade school certification preferred.
- Working Knowledge of Linux OS preferred
- Working knowledge and understanding of operating systems, applications and products
- Understands the data processing environment and the impact to business functions when systems and/or applications are unavailable.
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in PC software such as spreadsheets, word processing and graphics packages. Must work autonomously and be a self-starter.
- Strong planning, organizational, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Interprets, evaluates and resolves telephone inquiries.
- Analyzes moderately complex inquiries and determines appropriate technical area to resolve the problem.
- Under general direction, follows established procedures and applies general technical standards and concepts. Work is reviewed for appropriate technical judgment, overall quality and efficiency.
- Resolves or coordinates a wide variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Competent to provide Level II support and escalation
- ServiceNow experience required
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Microsoft Windows Xp
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Desktop Support Technician
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 979261
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
WHAT WE DO:
Apex Systems is a division of the 2nd largest IT staffing and services firm in North America. From consulting to staff augmentation, we connect top tech talent with great companies in all industries.
Apex earned Inavero’s Best of Staffing™ Client Diamond and Talent Awards for providing superior service to clients and job seekers, putting the company in the top 2 percent of all U.S. staffing agencies.
SUPPORTING OUR CONTRACT EMPLOYEES:
We take the time to understand a candidate’s talents and needs to ensure a good match with companies for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Each recruiter within Apex is focused on a specific skill area within infrastructure, applications, and project management. This focused discipline enables our local recruiters to work directly with our candidate’s and focus their talent on the right position at the right time.
WHO OUR CUSTOMERS ARE:
We serve Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a wide variety of industries, including communications, energy, financial services, government services, healthcare, technology, and utilities.
WHERE WE ARE:
Apex has branches in over 70 locations across the U.S. and Canada and more than 1,000 employees dedicated to supporting the needs of our clients and contract team members. Visit www.apexsystems.com to find a local branch or connect with an Account Manager or Recruiter.
View the full profile