Scope of Work - Main duties, settings, geography, reporting relationships, other relationships:
Major Roles & Responsibilities
- Supervises employees in the construction, operation and maintenance of gas distribution and transmission systems.
- Oversees, plans and schedules new construction work, preventive and corrective maintenance, inspections and training activities.
- Ensures that construction and maintenance is completed in accordance with Gas Operations and Maintenance Manual (O&M) Construction Standards, following approved policies, procedures, safety rules and budgets.
- May interact with customers (internal & external) to solve problems/concerns and ensure customer satisfaction.
Scope of work - range of responsibilities:
- Plans and oversees work of line and gas departments. Supervises to ensure safe and efficient operation of thedaily field activities of both Company and various contractor construction crews. May resolve customer issues when needed. May provide assistance to Technical Services on new construction and rebuilding existing plants. Works closely with the PSC and local government agencies. (50%,P)
- Schedules the work of gas crews. Assess the scope of projects and assigns the appropriate crew and skillsbalance. Arranges for any special equipment and insures that all material needs are met. (20%,P)
- Administers damage claims and billing, leak reports, time sheets, store orders, job kitting, work order balancing, material review, compliance with safety rules and regulations, standards of excellence and/or service guarantees. Monitors accuracy of Gas Records for auditing purposes and ensure compliance. (10%,P)
- Oversees construction office and support budget management. May coordinate department activities with local and state highway departmental officials. (10%,S)
- Supervises emergency restoration. (5%,S)
- Responds to gas emergencies and acts as Incident Commander (IC) at emergency scenes.
- May need to respond to odor investigations and make safe.
- Coordinates safety training, documentation, inspections, and accident investigations. May be responsible for labor relations contract administration and communications. May conduct employee evaluations for annual performance appraisal process. (5%,S)
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience preferred. Associates Degree with a minimum of 7 years relevant experience or High School Diploma/GED required with 10 years as a gas fitter or other relevant experience and the completion of the gas fitter progression program.
- Knowledge of gas work and construction.
- Knowledge of gas theory, switching, tagging, labor agreement, safety manual, leak detection methods, procedures and instrumentation.
- Knowledge of industry codes including NEC, NESC, Hazmat, and OSHA, Operator Qualification (OQ) and New York Gas Fuel Code.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Requires completion of various DOT Operator Qualifications.
- Results and customer service oriented.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Self-directed work skills with emphasis on multitasking.
- Computer skills applicable to MS Word, MS Excel, SAP, MS Outlook.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be available for response to after hour's to work storms, emergencies, and critical assignments.
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate & Share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this URL blocked - click to apply
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at Phone number blocked - click to apply or Email blocked - click to apply