To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Englewood, CO 80111
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Engineer, Database Principal
WOW! Internet Phone Cable • Englewood, CO
Posted 24 days ago
Engineer, Database Principal
The Engineer, Database Principal will provide database architecture, design, development and test support including daily database management, maintenance and troubleshooting activities for Data Engineering and Software Development projects. The Engineer, Database Principal performs leadership role in driving the adoption of new technologies, develop new platforms and is responsible for effectively communicating technical and non-technical ideas, to individuals and large groups across the organization through written documents and live presentations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
- Performs complete system data design based upon business requirements, as well as prepares project plans and estimates for all database-related project elements.
- Designs, develops, tests and implements modifications necessary to correct database defects and implements enhancements based on requirements provided.
- Analyzes, summarizes and/or reviews data, reports findings, interprets results and/or makes recommendations
- Architects and implements solutions to deliver data to development teams that scale to needs
- Creates and supports stored procedures and APIs that adhere to standard security methods.
- Approve, schedule, plan and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to systems, such as the installation of new database solutions
- Plans, coordinates and implements security measures to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Develop methods for integrating different products so they work properly together, such as customizing commercial databases to fit specific needs.
- Provides support to developers and/or testers to resolve technical problems with data, data delivery and databases
- Leads the definition, documentation and application of coding and naming standards
- Mentors junior developers and is responsible for improving group processes and set standards
- Identifies and evaluates industry trends in database systems to serve as a source of information and advice for upper management
- Leads and advises in database documentation, training and deployment efforts
- Assist database administrator (DBA) in defining architectural standards for database applications
- Evaluate new technologies from simple research through setting up and running an effective proof-of-concept, to determine if and when they should be incorporated into the business
- Establish realistic timeline estimates while ensuring projects remain on target to meet deadlines In agile method
- Communicate with project manager, technical team lead, team members and business groups on issues and the status of work planned and completed.
- Manages changes to requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools.
- Provide guidance to others by reviewing work and providing recommendations for design, coding or testing approach, which could include conducting or participating in code walkthroughs or other methods to ensure code quality.
- Manage database resources and act in a team lead capacity to execute on multiple projects simultaneously with distributed teams
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent certification or experience
- 11+ years of SQL Server development and integration experience
- 8+ years working with large sets of data
- 8+ years of version control software, such as Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) and GIT
- 5+ years of database development and integration experience with another RDBMS system (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- 5+ years of development using the Microsoft .Net Framework or Node.js and Visual Studio or other Integrated Development Environment (IDE), specifically developing and supporting RESTful APIs in a cloud environment
- 5+ years of tracing, monitoring, and auditing facilities and methods for SQL Server and other RDBMS platforms
- 3+ years working with AWS platform offerings like Lambda and S3
- 3+ years working with AWS database offerings (PostgeSQL, Aurora PostgreSQL and DynamoDB)
- Extensive knowledge of service-oriented architecture (SOA) and data as a service (DaaS)
- Expertise with SQL Server 2008 through 2016 including TSQL and stored procedures
- Must have a strong understanding of how the SQL Server database engine works, including but not limited to physical storage, indexing, partitioning, physical database design best practices, and the query optimizer
- Experience with SQL Server administration
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), OLTP/OLAP design and development
- Experience working with NoSQL databases
- Extensive knowledge of RDBMS principals such as table design, normalization, ACID properties, relationships, referential integrity and how these apply to multiple RDBMS platforms
- Experience with GraphQL preferred
- Cable billing system knowledge preferred
- Proven leadership and architecture experience building and managing highly available, scalable, critical and transactional data environments, systems architectures and technologies
- Excellent attention to detail and complex problem-solving abilities from an operational and technical perspective
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership, project management, time management and problem-solving and root cause analysis skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- regularly required to talk and hear
- required to use hands to type, handle objects and paperwork
- required to reach and hold on to items at chest level or reach above the shoulder
- required to use close vision and be able to focus
- some travel may be required
- required to be available for after-hours production support