To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Global Practice Leader, Portfolio & Licensing
Clarivate • Boston, MA
Posted 1 month ago
Clarivate Analytics clients are the trailblazers and risk takers who come up with life-changing ideas. We’re looking for our own trailblazers to help us keep providing clients some of the world’s most trusted brands, spanning scientific and academic research, patent analytics, pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence and IP management.
We’re an independent owned company with a rich heritage and a bold entrepreneurial mission. If you’re excited by the thought of helping people and organizations go from new ideas to life-changing innovations faster, we’re excited to consider you for a position at Clarivate.
Clarivate Analytics Life sciences is a leading source of intelligent information for professionals around the world. We supply answers our customers need to succeed in fields that are vital to healthcare and science.
Our life sciences knowledge and information are essential for drug companies to discover new drugs and get them to market faster, for researchers to find relevant papers and know what’s newly published in their subject, and for businesses to optimize their intellectual property and find competitive intelligence.
Today we are the established and authoritative pharmaceutical and biotechnology information resource, and the industry authority on the global generics market.
Both innovators and generic manufacturers trust us because our integrated solutions contain an unrivalled breadth and depth of timely, relevant strategic information from multiple databases, delivered on powerful platforms, accompanied by intuitive analytical tools, and backed up by dedicated support teams and experts in all stages of the Pharmaceutical R&D value chain.
But we provide far more than just content sets. Our data are enriched with unique abstracts, commentaries and analysis prepared by our team of industry experts — critical insight on-tap from the thought leaders that shape pharmaceutical opinion and shaping innovation strategies.
All over the world, decision-makers depend on us for the essential knowledge that can justify their strategies, promote outstanding research and business growth, and keep them abreast of the market.
Main Purpose of Job:
The Global Practice Leader is a senior management role in our Professional Services & Consulting management team. The role manages a global team based in the US, UK and Spain to deliver leading solutions for our Pharmaceutical and Biotech clients working closely with our Sales teams in North America, Europe, Japan, APAC, and Emerging Markets.
The Global Practice Leader owns the creation of the strategy for the Portfolio & Licensing offerings in all regions, comprised today of R&D portfolio strategy and planning, competitive intelligence, deal-making and licensing support, asset valuation, drug pipeline analyses, and predictive analytics used for business intelligence purposes. The Leader in this role interacts with the C-suite stakeholders of our clients to represent Clarivate Analytics offerings and works with our internal Commercial teams and Life Science Professional Services and Consulting practice area leaders to develop proposals and support selling of Professional Services offerings.
The Global Practice Leader owns the delivery of all projects to clients to our highest levels of professionalism and quality standards expected from the Clarivate brand, and responsible for the project leaders overseeing the delivery to each client. The Global Practice Leader, working with direct reports and other project leads from other practice areas owns all the project definition, staffing decisions, project timeline, project plans, and definition of deliverables.
Critical to the on-going growth of our Services & Consulting business is the definition of new services offerings that are needed based on new trends and disruption occurring in the Life Sciences sector, together with the evolution of big data, predictive analytics, visualization technologies that create high-value, unique solutions to our clients evolving needs. This position is responsible for defining strategies and offerings in collaboration with our Technology teams to combine advisory and analytics into new technology-based offerings, with a close collaboration with Product teams to productize services offerings that are innovative and provide new value to customers.
The Global Practice Leader collaborates with our Commercial Services teams and Sales to institute the relevant education and training programs to ensure effective Go-to-Market for new, innovative services offerings.
The role is responsible for working with Commercial Services teams and Sales Management to meet sales targets, and internally within Professional Services & Consulting to meet customer experience measures in delivery, revenue targets, billable utilization targets, and profitability goals.
As the most senior Professional Services and Consulting role in Europe, this position has a pro forma responsibility as the European leader, ensuring that the various practice areas collaborate effectively across Life Science Professional Services & Consulting and is a key liaison with the European Sales leadership.
Major Areas of Accountability:
Market and Business Development (60%)
- Collaborates with commercial teams, marketing, and product to represent the value proposition of Clarivate’s complete Portfolio and Licensing offerings with customers, especially with our top customers. Leads the Portfolio & Licensing team solutions engagement with customers, from early customer engagement, proposal development, and supporting commercial teams during contracting.
- Meets regulatory with European Sales leadership to ensure alignment to account strategies and that European Sales are properly educated on the services and consulting offerings and are getting the needed support.
- Develops case studies that describe practice area offerings and ensure those case studies are communicated and accessible.
- Participates in opportunity development at customer sites, involving travel to customers, to architect solutions and support the planning of Services projects from inception to contract closing.
- Collaborates across the practice areas within Life Science Professional Services & Consulting to propose the highest value offerings to customers that reflect Clarivate’s unique differentiation.
- Supports small proof of concepts to demonstrate technical proof during the sales process.
- Develops a close understanding of the opportunities developing in the pipeline, what’s required to advance those opportunities to projects, and readying internal teams for project start-up.
Project Delivery Oversight (25%)
- Lead and mentor a team of consultants in the scope, design and delivery of services projects focused on portfolio planning, portfolio strategy, licensing strategy, deal-making support, competitive intelligence, innovation strategy and landscaping, and KOL evaluation in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Build a sustainable pipeline of services offerings and projects by identifying clients, understanding client requirements, and delivering innovative solutions to each client’s needs.
- Collaborates with the Life Sciences Professional Services & Consulting teams in architecting solutions to client needs by employing the Clarivate suite of content products, prior industry knowledge and insights gained from primary and secondary research.
- Manages external workforce of contractors, making sure that deliverables and outcomes set are achieved at the required standards
- Responsible for the quality delivery of projects by the Portfolio and License team to customers and collection of customer satisfaction measures and referrals.
- Ensures appropriate staffing from the Portfolio and License team from project start-up through to project closure.
- When necessary coordinates across Life Science Practice Areas or across the other Clarivate BU’s (Intellectual Property, ISI, and Web of Science) teams to support projects that require collaborations across skills and assets.
- Escalates delivery issues to Sr. management to support measures to meet client needs.
Practice Area Development, Publications, and Innovation (15%)
- Devises the Practice Area service offering strategy and business mix in collaboration with Senior members of the Portfolio & Licensing practice area and other practice areas within Professional Services & Consulting
- Supports an active publication strategy and thought-leadership for the Practice Area. Communicates publications internally. Communicates with LS Marketing and Scientific Advisors on the publications, sponsored events, and external events.
Travel: Up to 30% domestic/international travel
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced degree, preferably in a Life Science discipline
- MBA or equivalent a plus, PMP certification a plus
- Previous roles working for a Pharmaceutical or Biotech company
- Thorough command of Consulting skills & C-suite presence
- Knowledge of the pain points in the Pharmaceutical industry, and a historical perspective of the trends in the Pharmaceutical industry and how the pain points have evolved
- Thorough understanding of services offerings development and solutions development to address current industry pain points. Ability to interact with and gain the respect of leaders in Pharmaceutical R&D
- Familiar with quantitative and qualitative data analysis techniques applying data from diverse resources such as literature, patents, secondary data sources, primary research and public-domain data sources
- Familiarity with IT concepts and technologies used in the development of databases, analytics, dashboards, and visualizations to support technology-based project delivery
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with high level of proficiency working across multi-disciplinary teams to assemble solutions to customer needs
- Ability to work from well structured assets to assemble solutions, or from less defined starting points where solutions development requires research and development of new methodologies
- Strong understanding of project delivery and customer satisfaction requirements in Professional Services, with attention to detail in presentation and professionalism
- Strong command in the use of Microsoft Office and other data analysis, visualization software
- At least ten years’ experience working in a Consulting practice in Life Sciences with a track record of progressive development and increasing responsibility on projects and in leadership positions
- At least ten years’ experience managing teams in the business development and delivery of professional services in the Life Sciences industry with strong network of contacts and positive past experiences, especially in Europe.
- Prior working relationships working on projects with large pharmaceutical organizations, mid-size pharma, and biotechs
- Experience managing and mentoring staff, from managers to individual contributors
- Experience in the delivery of projects in some, preferably all areas, including portfolio planning, portfolio strategy, licensing strategy, deal-making support, competitive intelligence, innovation strategy, and KOL evaluation in the pharmaceutical industry
- Direct P&L responsibility managing a Professional Services and/or Consulting business
- Track record in delivering financial growth, new bookings, revenues, profits
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.