To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Christiansburg, VA 24073
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Computer Science Engineer Intern (Summer 2019) - Christiansburg, VA
Hubbell Inc • Christiansburg, VA
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
2000 Electric Way Northeast
Christiansburg, VA 24073
The Hubbell Summer Internship Program is a 10-week program providing students the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Hubbell.
The Information Technology (IT) Intern position offers a variety of opportunities including supporting the organization in the development and implementation of our Information Technology initiatives at the time.
IT Interns will typically support one or more experienced IT teams in performance of projects and have unique assignments that support larger projects as well as the day-to-day operations of the IT department. Interns may perform and/or participate in additional activities/events which will help them build a strong network within the Hubbell community.
Benefits of a Hubbell Internship
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- End of summer presentation to the local management team
Duties and Responsibilities
- Roles and Responsibilities will vary by Hubbell business location, but may include the following:
- Gained knowledge of the industry as it pertains to the Hubbell business location
- Review current IT program activities to make recommendations for changes/improvement opportunities
- Detailed roles and responsibilities will be outlined dependent on business Group, location and the project outlined
- Expectations: The intern will be expected to work full-time at 40 hours/week and will be compensated on an hourly basis.
Skills and Experience
- Student must be enrolled in an accredited university working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science (e.g. Business Computer Technology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering or related degree)
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is desired
- Microsoft Excel: Manipulation of data; transferring data; development of charts and tables
- Microsoft Word: Entering and formatting text; inserting charts, tables and other visuals
- Microsoft PowerPoint: Creating and editing slides; inserting text, charts, tables and visuals
- Experience using C# programming language
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.