University Hospital is located in the heart of the Medical Center with multiple locations spread out around the San Antonio Area. At University Hospital patient care is treated with high quality and compassion above all. We are attentive, kind, and helpful without exception. These are the reasons why University Health System is rated #1 in healthcare in the San Antonio Area and also, top ranked in Texas as well.
We are currently seeking a Registered Pharmacy Technician (in-patient and out-patient) to join our amazing team. As a Registered Pharmacy Technician, you will perform a variety of duties required in pharmacy operations and assist the pharmacists in the accomplishment of their duties. Lean more about our innovative pharmacy practice model in contrast to the traditional retail setting.
Responsibilities will include:
- Setting up unit of use medications, prepare I.V./piggyback admixtures, pre-packs, fill unit dose cassettes, refill and load medications into Pyxis, and fill routine and emergency floor/unit stock orders.
- Receive medication requests from patients or units/clinics, receives telephone inquiries and requests of a non-professional nature, i.e., refill call-ins, patient/staff inquiries, supply, accounting, etc.
- Perform operations in the Inpatient and Outpatient computer systems, including prescription or order entry, crediting and charging, label generation, etc.
Education, Experience and Licensing Requirements:
- Graduation from high school/GED or equivalent experience is required
- Two years of experience as a registered pharmacy technician (CPhT) is preferred
- Texas State Board of Pharmacy registration required
Why you should apply:
- Advancement opportunities
- Generous benefits packages, pet insurance
- Flexible hours and paid time off
- Competitive base pay PLUS quarterly incentive potential