To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
550 Cloniger Drive
Thomasville, NC 27360
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
TECHNICAL PARTS INVENTORY CLERK-Thomasville
Mohawk (Manufacturing) • Thomasville, NC
Posted 1 day ago
We are always in search of Difference Makers to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We're redefining flooring with products that not only minimize climate impact but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive.
If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion dollar Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions, while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting leadership opportunity for you!
Mohawk Industries is the world’s largest flooring company \u2013 and we are growing. We are a Fortune 500 company (NYSE: MHK) and our competitive advantages are huge.Responsibilities
In broad terms, briefly state the major purpose or primary objective of this position.
This position is responsible for receiving, cycle counting and maintaining accuracy of spare parts in the plant physically and in the plant’s information systems. It includes maintaining records of inventory movements by handling all paperwork and procedures necessary to meet this goal.
- Complies with all company safety rules and procedures, including housekeeping
- Receives inbound shipments of spare parts, including unpacking, inspecting, counting, updating information system, processing paperwork, labeling, and stocking on the shelf.
- Keep spare parts information system up to date, including timely updates of receipts, consumption, cycle counts, material movements etc. Encourages and facilitates compliance among team members.
- Conducts regular cycle counts (at least weekly), on some spare parts locations, and assists with annual physical counts of all spare parts locations. Ensuring SOX compliance by accurately updating information systems and turning in paperwork as necessary.
- Maintains ongoing order and cleanliness in store rooms, creating locations, making recommendations for space consolidation, new shelving, etc. Executes general house cleaning duties
- Maintain all necessary records and documents to facility SOX compliance, including paperwork regarding receipts, inventory counts, audits, and adjustments.
- Resolves discrepancies between system and physical counts by working with supervisor, Finance, Plant Management, etc. to trouble-shoot and provide permanent solutions to prevent reoccurrence
- Operates forklift to load and unload trucks and move materials (pallets, packaging materials, etc.) as necessary to support operations
- Uses pallet jack to push/pull pallets of boxes weighing up to 700 lbs. to move to storage locations
- Sorts waste streams from packaging of received items, complies with Zero Landfill initiative.
- Performs general PC functions using PMC, Microsoft outlook, and other software as necessary
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Previous experience working as a receiver or demonstrated knowledge of inventory processes
- Basic knowledge of MRO parts
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Forklift driving experience
- Ability to multitask while paying close attention to the details
- Strong problem solving skills \u2013 ability to research, escalate, and resolve issues effectively
- Time management + ability to successfully complete tasks w/ limited oversight
- Organization skills + ability to maximize space
- PC skills \u2013 MS Excel, Outlook, and Word
- General inventory management knowledge
- Basic arithmetic skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Must be able to be flexible with scheduled hours and work overtime on occasion as required by business needs
- Must be ab le to lift up to 40lbs
- Must be able to push/pull pallets of boxes weighing up to 700lbs using pallet jack
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/DisabledAbout Mohawk
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.