Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable packaging. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham Packaging is part of your everyday life. They’re the kind of people you want as your friends and neighbors as well as your partners and suppliers. By building strong relationships and creating value for our customers, our employees embody the innovative spirit that’s inherent to Graham. We truly are people building a better tomorrow.
We are offering a $500 Sign-On Bonus! Apply NOW!!!
Graham Packaging Company is looking for a(n) Maintenance Technician based in West Chicago, IL near St. Charles, IL. This opening is for afternoon shift / 2nd shift, which operates during the hours of 12pm to 8pm Monday through Friday.
Maintenance Technicians are responsible for installation and repair of equipment in the plant. The Maintenance Technician will perform preventative and reactive maintenance on all production equipment and building. The primary duties of a Maintenance Technician include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Focus on producing quality product by monitoring quality levels and adjust the manufacturing processes to ensure product integrity.
- Maintain controls for assuring successful plant performance to budgeted goals.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during operation and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform simple machinist skills.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Assist and train production employees in proper operation and maintenance of machinery
- Limited travel may be required
Two year Associate Degree in Industrial Maintenance or related field is preferred. A minimum of five years Industrial Maintenance Technician experience is preferred.
Maintenance Technicians are required to interact with managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.