To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Holstein, IA 51025
- VT Industries Inc
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Occupational Health Nurse
VT Industries Inc • Holstein, IA
Posted 2 months ago
VT Industries in Holstein, IA has an opening for an OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSE at the Corporate Headquarters.
The Occupational Health Nurse is responsible for providing on-site nursing services to employees Monday - Friday that include workers' case management, emergency, medical surveillance, pre-employment assessments, health and wellness education.
- Work 8-10 hours a day 5 days a week with occasional extended, irregular hours
- Need to be able to work under stressful conditions
- May have exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids
- Must be physically able to ambulate to all area of the facility
- Treat occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses
- Manage Workers' Compensation program
- Collaborate with employee, employer, insurance and health care provider for plan of treatment and return to work
- Attend appointments with specialists and occasional other appointments with designated health care providers
- Review WC billing
- Complete post-offer and transfer nurse health assessments
- Administer post-offer, reasonable suspicion, rehabilitation and post-accident drug screens
- Assess non-work related RTW employees
- Maintain a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and ocal laws and regulations
- Manage Hearing Conservation Program, including audiometric testing and follow-up with employees
- Perform respiratory assessments for Respiratory Protection Program
- Actively participates on the Safety Team
- Promote Safety and a safe work environment
- Coordinate First Aid/CPR/Bloodborne pathogen training
- Complete Blood Lead level testing and training
- Provide and/or coordinate education including health and wellness programs
- Other duties may be assigned by supervisor
- Iowa RN licensure
- Occupational Health Experience preferred
- Occupational Health certification a plus
- Clinical experience in related fields helpful
- Certified Occupational Hearing Conservationist
- Certified Spirometry Testing and Respiratory Surveillance
- Certified in Non-DOT Urine/Alcohol Drug Screens
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Sound background in basic principles and procedures in emergency care
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with people
- Demonstrate expertise in leadership and management skills
- Microsoft Office experience
- Display honesty and integrity with all interactions
- Show compassion, courtesy and consideration to all persons
- Create an environment of hospitality
- Is a team player
- Exhibit expert complaint handling skills
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Current driver's license and insurance