Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WLUK-TV, in Green Bay, WI, is seeking an aggressive, energetic, and creative part-time editor for our weekend assignment desk.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with reporting crews and producers on daily assignments
- gathering news affecting the community
- preparing story items for presentation in the newscasts
- assisting in the efficient operation of the assignment desk
- posting stories and video to the station website and social media accounts
Required skills and qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- A minimum of one (1) year of assignment desk experience is preferred
- A commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills
- General knowledge and interest in local, national and world news
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter, and emerging social media
- A bachelor’s degree with a major in journalism is preferred, however, we will consider college students seeking a degree in communications and journalism.
This position is part-time. It requires working a flexible schedule that includes weekends and holidays.
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.