To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lakeland, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
FEMA-Disaster Construction Manager
CH2M & Jacobs • Lakeland, FL
Posted 1 month ago
Jacobs Government Facilities and Infrastructure has a Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Public Assistance Technical Assistance Contract (PA TAC) to provide technical assistance support for FEMA disaster related operations throughout the U.S.
FEMA uses the PA TAC nationally to obtain architectengineers, consultants, and other related professional services to assist state and local municipalities in developing grant applications for Federal Public Assistance funding for the repair of their infrastructure damaged by natural or man-made disasters. In preparation for future task orders we are looking for Federal employees that are interested in working on the PA TAC. Our Program Management Team is building a roster of individuals, who would be interested in temporary deployments (90 days minimum) within the U.S. and its territories if their availability allows. Selected candidates for the FEMA assignments must be U.S. citizens, able to pass a FBI background check, and be able to mobilize within 24-48 hours.
General Responsibilities May Include:
- Conducting preliminary damage assessments (PDAs) in the field with Federal, State and local officials.
- Writing Project Worksheets (PWs) for the purposes of determining project eligibility, scopes of work and estimating costs to repair or replace a facility or structure in order to restore it to its pre-disaster design.
- Providing technical, cost estimating, and disaster recovery and/or management services while supporting technical professionals.
- Assisting project managers or engineers in major segments of moderate to complex projects or tasks.
- Independently conducting projects involving the design, development, construction or evaluation of restoring disaster locations.
- Interpreting construction work to ensure compliance with contract drawings and specifications as well as FEMA Public Assistance policy and procedure.
The successful candidates will have the necessary experience based on the positions needed for deployment. Due to the nature of the work, selected candidates need to have excellent client communication skills and must meet the following requirements:
- 20 plus years of Construction Management and Quality Assurance experience. We will accept prior military experience in lieu of experience also.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to pass a FBI background check.
- Ability to mobilize within 24-48 hours, commit to a minimum 90-day assignment in remote locations and disaster conditions.
- Due to the nature of the work, candidates must have excellent communication skills and be experienced with Microsoft Office product suite.
- The initial work for FEMA can be 10-12 hours per day, 6-7 days per week. Rotations home of 3-5 days, approximately every 30 days or so, are provided to each deployed staff as approved by FEMA management. Most expenses, i.e., travel, per diem (food and lodging), are covered by the project and reimbursed directly to the deployed staff in a timely fashion.
Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to pass a FBI background check.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>