You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Production Supervisor - Sheet Metal
Direct and manage manufacturing operational area(s) with overall responsibility for production, health and safety systems, workflow planning, maintenance, employee relations, training, turnover, quality, inventory, continuous improvement, and other production related activities. Recommend improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage employees to ensure effective employee relations are developed, health and safety management systems are adhered to, productivity levels are consistently met, turnover is minimized and properly evaluated when it happens, proper inventory levels are maintained, and the importance of consistent high quality standards are communicated and met. Provide employee coaching and development.
- Make employment decisions.
- Resolve employee issues through problem resolution, balance safety, quality, productivity, cost, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas.
- Work to continuously improve in all areas.
- Perform accident investigations
- Manage departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provide regular progress reports to VP of Manufacturing. Will be accountable for identified metrics (safety, cost per unit, on-time delivery, productivity)
- Provide leadership through a 30-day planning cycle
- Manage paperwork flow
- Manage department policies and procedures.
- Track absenteeism and time keeping
- Regular and consistent attendance
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Company involvement in projects, awards, ceremonies, award dinners, and facility tours are required.
- Interact with suppliers and other outside personnel as required.
Above is a list of the most important responsibilities and functions, which are essential to the position. Employees must be able to perform these essential functions satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Accommodations will be evaluated and provided to eligible employees on a case by case basis, depending on the employee's medical restrictions, work availability, the nature of the position, the position's essential functions and other relevant factors.
- Education: Additional education in related field desirable but not required.
- List any other Certifications
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 5+ years in a manufacturing environment. Three of which are in a leadership, supervisory or management capacity, including employee hiring and retention, performance review and discipline.
- Experience with a health and safety management system (e.g.: VPP).
- Experience in training and development.
- Machining/ assembly background.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- An ability to think ahead and plan over a 30-day time span and prepare action plans to achieve results.
- Experience in measuring performance to goals and standards.
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost, and employee relations.
- Systems, continuous improvement, inventory, and problem analysis and resolution orientation
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proficient in Blueprint reading and computer skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and quality oriented
- CPR and Bloodborne Pathogens training
- Company Hazardous Waste polices, goals, documents, Sexual Harassment Policy and any other policies and procedures required for this position.
- Any other identified training programs required for this position.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Please refer to the general office physical demands checklist for more information regarding the working conditions and physical requirements for this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Assembly And Installation
- Attention To Detail
- Business Process Improvement
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 34893930339
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.