Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
A Market Operations Business Analyst is responsible for providing process and operational support to the functions within Market Operations. Positions in this function may also be responsible for performance + quality reporting, analysis, and audits, and supporting development of controls + programs to support continuous quality and process improvement using applicable tools.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Identify and resolve operational problems using defined processes, judgement, and expertise
- Investigate claim and/or customer service issues as identified, and communicate resolution to customers
- Provide feedback to team members regarding process improvement opportunities
- Triage inquiries and requests received to the Market Operations account management teams and submit an OEIM ticket, as appropriate. Analyst will support all Markets - 60% of Time
- Prepares issues, trending, and reporting by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing complex data and metrics; present/explain findings and suggest enhancements and improvements
- Manage non-escalated OEIM issues from receipt to resolution
- Review operational processes to determine gaps and inefficiencies; raise issues to Operations Manager and/or respective Associate Director
- Assist Associate Directors with requirement gathering sessions for business issue management, and when the CDOs are pursuing new initiatives and/or engaging in new projects that require support from operations, etc.
- Provide expertise and customer service support to business, members, customers and/or providers
- Serve as the liaison to a complex customer base to manage first level response and resolution of escalated issues with internal and external customers
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- 3+ years of health care experience with concentration in claims data/processing
- 3+ years of work experience in a corporate setting
- Experience in business process/workflow analysis with a concentration in process improvement
- Ability to communicate analysis including trends and opportunities to clients and the business in writing and verbally
- Intermediate proficiency working with MS Excel, Power BI, or other equivalent data visualization tools, including but not limited to formulas, trending, charts, graphs, etc.
- Bachelors Degree
- Six Sigma/Lean Certification
- 2+ years of experience with project methodology (requirements, design, development, test and implementation)
- Trizetto/Cognizant FACETS software experience
- Xcelys software experience
- Consulting experience
- Requirements Gathering and Documenting experience
- Ability to problem solve issues; including multiple priorities and research conflicting and / or inaccurate data
- Solid customer orientation, communication (written/verbal) and presentation skills
- Solid analytical mindset and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $26.15 to $46.63. The hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $28.85 to $51.30. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.