To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lincoln, AR 72744
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
56M Chaplain Assistant
Army National Guard • Lincoln, AR
Posted 2 months ago
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
A Chaplain Assistant provides vital support to Army National Guard Chaplains, who are responsible for providing spiritual guidance and support to Soldiers.
As a Chaplain Assistant you will primarily provide support to the Unit Ministry Team programs and worship services. Some specific duties include: coordinating Unit Ministry Team activities; maintaining physical security of Unit Ministry Team facilities/equipment; safeguarding privileged communications and offerings; arranging religious retreats and memorial ceremonies; supporting the Unit Ministry Team readiness program; and maintaining Chaplain vestments and religious items.
• Operate communication equipment and digital reporting systems
• Assist in planning religious support operations and deployments
• Maintain reports, files, and administrative data for religious operations
• Conduct specialized peer counseling for combat stress casualties
• Interest in organization and keeping accurate records
• Experience operating typewriters, computers, and other office machines
• Ability to organize and plan
Plus, you'll be building a better future. In civilian life, the skills learned as a Chaplain Assistant can be applied to similar positions assisting clergy members in churches, synagogues, or mosques.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for Chaplains Assistants requires 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and seven weeks of Advanced Individual Training, where you will learn the roles and responsibilities of Army Chaplains, as well as religious history and background.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.