Inventory Management Sales Engineer will provide parts availability and inventory support for clients. Develop new supply chain concepts and strategies for distribution networks. Support new business development engagements by performing value proposition assessments, inventory simulation studies, and implementations of IM software. Responsible for completing project commitments on-time, within budget, per scope, and with superior quality.
- Analyze potential client supply chains to identify value propositions for inventory management (IM) solutions through extensive, detailed data analysis.
- Develop and support client IM solutions and implementations.
- Improving IM processes, service levels, and inventory performance.
- Produce detailed analysis with organized conclusions for presentation.
- Utilize proprietary simulation software to model and predict supply chain performance.
- Apply quantitative techniques to complex physical systems and processes including forecasting, supply chain integration, distribution strategies, inventory planning, and replenishment.
- Train and mentor as required.
- Provide IM guidance to other functional areas (Ops, IT, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University in a closely related field
- 2-5 years’ relevant experience with 1-2 years’ of inventory planning, modeling or supply chain management experience
- Statistical programming / modeling
- Experience with demand/inventory planning systems
- Programming and general IT knowledge
- Data querying from multiple sources
- Client facing experience
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time
- Advanced degree from an accredited University in a closely related field
- Discrete-event inventory simulation modeling and/or statistics modeling and simulation tools
- Understanding of various ERP/WMS systems and how to extract, cleanse and integrate data
- Application of basic or advanced statistical concepts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with client facing experience
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to creatively solve complex problems.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other business areas. Effective project management skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSWork is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting item weighing up to 15 pounds.ADDITIONAL INFOWorks with potential clients and business development teams to develop supply chain strategies evaluate what value Neovia solutions will bring to their business.
New Business Development