Job ID: 155168
W-L Construction and Paving, a CRH company, is one of southwest Virginia’s largest grading contractors and the largest paving contractor in the area employing more than 350 employees during the construction months. W-L performs all aspects of roadway construction including grading, paving, stone, concrete, and utilities with paving operations exceeding one million tons per year. With multiple locations throughout the state of Virginia, W-L prides itself on its ability to provide a multitude of services to many customers in various geographical locations. In addition, by being a part of the CRH family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, W-L Construction & Paving, Inc. has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
- Employee essential in the mobilization of materials between facilities, job sites, and customers.
- Hauling and dumping asphalt.
- Loading and unloading equipment.
- Must partner with Superintendent/Project Manager to ensure daily schedules are met.
- Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level.
- Physical ability to operate equipment and to transport material under temperature extremes and for extended hours of time. Normal shift is 8-12 hours.
- Attitude/Cooperation: Must always maintain a courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers, public.
- Craftsmanship and ability to follow OSHA/MSHA safety standards.
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required. Out of town/county/state work may be required.
- Ability to transport material with attention to detail and emphasis on safety.
- Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completion.
- Ability to adhere to personal protective equipment (PPE) policy and maintain individual PPE in functional condition.
- Must be able to check truck for maintenance needed and report deficiencies promptly.
- Must pass drug test and criminal background check.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- Must possess Commercial Drivers License (CDL) and necessary endorsements. When hauling certain vehicles, may be required to have hazardous materials and tank endorsements.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
W-L Construction and Paving is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this URL blocked - click to apply.
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)
Personal Protective Equipment
Extended Hours Trading
Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)