Stryker is a leading medical device company working towards modernizing healthcare leveraging software technologies working towards our mission of "Together with our customers we are driven to make healthcare better."
What you will do-
- Work as part of the R&D engineering team to design, develop and integrate the software for the Robotic Assisted Surgery product suite.
- Design and implement software using C/C++, Qt, Linux
- Function and lead agile software development teams following software best practices including configuration management, change management and bug tracking workflows leveraging tools.
- Support creation and reviews of software documentation including the product software requirements, architecture, design specifications and functional specifications.
- Support customer interactions as part of research projects as needed.
- Collaborate with the global software team including testing and QA to ensure software is designed with a test driven and quality approach.
- Actively engage in code reviews to support a collaborative development community guiding coding and design best practices.
- Work with the QA team to ensure the processes are adhered to deliver a quality product maintaining compliance.
- Experience working with software tools such as Configuration Management tools (Perforce/GitHub), CI/CD tools (Jenkins), Defect Tracking tools (Jira)
- Provide input to project management on scheduling, milestone achievement, and project challenges.
- Provide mentorship or training to engineers in software design and development best practices as necessary.
What you need-
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- B.S. in Software Engineering (or equivalent)
- 8-10+ years related experience
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing software solutions with global cross functional software teams
- Demonstrated ability to plan software projects, provide estimates based on design and work collaboratively with stakeholders to deliver results
- Related Master’s degree with 6 or more years of experience; PhD with 2 or more years of experience desirable
- Experience in medical device or other highly regulated industries
- Experience or exposure to compliance regulations around data privacy (HIPAA/HITRUST), security standards
- Experience or exposure to healthcare imagining technologies
- Experience or exposure to data science
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: 30%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Software Quality Assurance (Sqa)