Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.Summary of This Role
Provides guidance on the business processes for implementation and ongoing maintenance of Pricing and Monetization Strategy for the issuing segment. Creates pricing methodologies to achieve TSYS strategic goals, competitive differential, return on investment and long term sustainability. Develops relevant cross-functional relationships to understand products, competition, competitive market and the customer value chain and continually aligns work with those objectives. Develops sales support materials to educate sales and account teams on best practices and standards for product pricing. Recognizes and adopts best practices in pricing reporting and analysis. Rolls out new tools, projects, and reporting to all pricing stakeholders.
What Part Will You Play?
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Participates in setting the strategy for overall product pricing and client billing for services and on-going products or features. Shares recommendations with the IPG Steering Committee, Segment Pricing Committees, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Participates in setting the strategy of pricing and monetization activities across all stages from innovation/ideation, quantitative analysis, planning, product development and deployment, sales, marketing, product and client support, product sustainment and enhancement, product retirement.
- Oversees financial performance analysis and complex ad-hoc reporting for budget, forecast and strategic plans by directing Pricing and Monetization Managers as appropriate.
- Develops / prepares cost analysis using specifications provided by clients to build complex expense models, analyze new equipment technology, and perform capacity evaluations and other financial metrics to forecast revenue.
- Oversees a departmental utility function of quantitative data analysis to include collecting, developing and organizing a variety of data sources to inform product strategies. Creates benchmarking norms to inform Account Management teams as to specific client opportunities.
- Supports business development teams in contract negotiations, Request for Proposal's (RFP’s) and other more complex and unique proposals. Reviews contract specific pricing, financials, key business terms, and provides ad-hoc analysis for focus areas (e.g., new customer pricing, gain share arrangements, retentions/renewals, and the implementation of pricing strategies).
- Creates pricing models, plans and policies for use across Issuer business segment. Monitors industry and regulatory developments and provides best practices/guidance in order to influence and maintain consistency across business segments. Recommends changes to pricing models as necessary.
- Works closely with the sales team to create complex pricing proposals that result in new name sales wins, backed up with the delivery of robust forecasting highlighting any future risks (currency, substitution, disintermediation, etc.). Serves as a business development consultant to the lines of business regarding servicing pricing, contracts, service levels and billing.
- Manages robust pricing proposals, contract schedules, and invoicing requiring examination of volumes, solution design, assumptions, deal points, definitions, etc.
- Analyzes historical data and future revenue projections in coordination with other pricing teams in accordance with current industry, regulatory, and accounting standards.
- Not an exhaustive list; other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Finance or equivalent quantitative field from an accredited university is required; however, relevant experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- Typically a minimum of 10 years
- Experience in pricing strategy, deal support, or commercial finance function. Proficiency in working on Data Access tools (SQL, Microsoft) and Excel skills. Proficiency in business case development.
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Master's Degree
- Finance or equivalent quantitavive field from an accredited university
Not Ready to Apply? URL blocked - click to apply
- Skills / Knowledge - Having broad yet in-depth expertise and unique knowledge, uses skills to set and ensure success of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways within environments and situations that are complex and difficult. Having ownership of a function, major account or matrix management responsibilities, uses knowledge to ensure success, strengthen relationships, expand the business through key initiatives, and lead matrix teams on complex projects. Barriers to entry such as technical committee and senior management review exist at this level.
- Job Complexity - Works on issue that impact design/selling success or address future concepts, products, or technologies. Creates formal networks with key decision makers and serves as external spokesperson for the organization with key accounts, agencies, partners, vendors, and sales prospects.
- Supervision - Exercises wide latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, URL blocked - click to apply.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at URL blocked - click to apply.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, URL blocked - click to apply.