The Truck Driver position is responsible for operating a tractor trailer or other specialized truck/vehicle that transports cargo (steel product) to and from specified destinations. The Truck Driver prepares, receives and provides appropriate documentation for the delivery or pick-up of goods to ensure timely service, as well as load, secure and unload cargo. As the Truck Driver you will maintain logs of travel and cargo to federal and state regulations, and assist with duties within the warehouse as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Required to be at least 21 years of age as of date of hire.
- Two plus years’ experience driving a flatbed tractor trailer or other specialized truck/vehicle.
- Valid driver’s license with excellent driving record and valid CDL - Class A required.
- 2 plus years of prior steel industry hauling and product knowledge preferred.
- Familiarity with on-board computer systems a plus.
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Freight Forwarding
- Road Transport
- Stock Control
- Information Technology