One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
Midwest Center for Youth and Families is seeking a dynamic and talented per-diem, Behavioral Health Worker.
Midwest Center for Youth and Families opened its doors in 1997. Since then, we have been providing high quality care to patients from across the country in our therapeutic residential facility. Our full immersion Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) program specializes in treating males and females, ages 10-20, with behavioral and mental health challenges.
Our unique residential DBT program gives hope to families who care for a loved one that has pervasive emotional, behavioral, or psychiatric challenges that impact their functioning at home, in school, and within the community. We will help patients and their families understand how DBT can take them on a journey which creates a life worth living.
[ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply, [ Email address blocked ] - URL blocked - click to apply
The Behavioral Health Worker carries out the daily routines of patient care under the direction of his/her supervisor. Participates in patient activities and provides for patient safety.
1. Actively supports, promotes and works to fulfill the Mission, Vision and Values of the Midwest Center for Youth and Families.
2. Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
3. Actively promotes customer service throughout Midwest Center for Youth and Families by practicing team building.
4. Meets all competency requirements annually.
5. Demonstrates commitment to Service Excellence program.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
1. Assists in the ongoing assessment of the safety and emotional needs of each patient.
2. Demonstrates awareness of the key elements of the treatment plans for all assigned patients.
3. Implements identified interventions to provide quality patient care to assigned patients based on age and developmental stage.
4. Participates in assigned groups/activities to meet the needs of various patient populations and/or diagnostic groups.
5. Maintains professional standards of preparation, performance, and attitude.
6. Follows unit programming.
7. Completes documentation as required.
8. Assists in transportation of patients to scheduled appointments/outings.
9. Assists in maintaining cleanliness of the units.
10.Maintains patient charts.
11.Processes paperwork as needed.
1. High school diploma or equivalency diploma required.
2. Must be at least 21 years of age.
3. Bachelors’ degree in Human Sciences or related experience preferred.
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
Service Excellence Health Care