Grifols is a global healthcare company whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of people. Our three divisions –Bioscience, Diagnostic and Hospital–develop, produce and market our innovative products and services to medical professionals in more than 100 countries.
We are committed to fostering an environment that creates continuous learning opportunities and encourages professional development and growth. As a company devoted to improving the health and well-being of people, we are looking for talented professionals worldwide. Make a difference and join us in this challenging and rewarding enterprise.
Under the supervision of the Leadership Training Manager you will be responsible for learning about and experiencing the daily management of Donor Center Operations and Quality functions; learning to comply with all applicable policies and regulations.
Primary responsibilities for the role:
- Have knowledge of and supervise all tasks within the donor center; ensure production employees are properly trained to interpret, implement and perform their duties according to all standard operating procedures.
- Learn and understand how to create a professional work environment and value system that stimulates the morale and productivity of the workforce and its leadership.
- Learn to monitor and evaluate operations and quality systems, develop and implement action plans to improve operations/quality issues. Supervise the implementation of improvements and measure the effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Maintain thorough familiarity with State and Federal regulations, FDA approved Standard Operating Procedure Manual, OSHA, CLIA, and cGMP.
- Learn to supervise donor selection, plasma collection, and all manufacturing records to maintain the highest production standards in accordance with Federal and State regulations, with FDA approved Standard Operating Procedure manual, OSHA, CLIA, and cGMP and through systems that are in place
- Become trained in and responsible for all Human Resource functions including hiring, development and training, disciplinary actions and termination, and maintenance of all employment records.
- Learn to determine adequade inventory of all goods and supplies necessary for center operation including ordering goods as needed. Including the release of soft goods for use
- Become responsible for freezer management, including overseeing plasma shipments and equipment failures. Due to the amounts of inventory we carry, in the event of an emergency, you will be required to answer all freezer alarms and deal with them appropriately.
- Submit timely and accurate reports as necessary, daily, weekly, monthly and as requested.
- Learn to develop marketing skills for active donor recruitment and advertising campaigns to improve production levels.
- Learn to control center donor funds and ensure that financial records are accurate and in order.
- Keep immediate manager informed of any irregularities within the center and provide constructive information about process improvement.
- Minimize center liability through constant risk management review.
- Maintain a signed Statement of Responsibility and Curriculum Vitae on file at the center and Authorized Official's office.
- Learn the efficient use of labor models to manage production growth through effective use of staff scheduling tools
- Become familiar with and responsible for community outreach programs to enshance public opinion, donor and employee recruitment and education.
This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Managers and supervisors may assign other duties as needed.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in Management, Business, Nursing, Finance, or science related field (unless waived by Senior Leadership).
Experience: Typically requires a minimum of 2-5 years of hands-on management experience within medical, fast food, retail, or service related industries. Prior management experience, preferably supervising groups or multiple employees within a fast paced environment. Experience in a medical and/or cGMP regulated environment preferred. Experience with plasma or whole blood preferred.
Equivalency: Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job level typically requires an Associate’s degree plus 2 years of experience, an equivalent could include 4 years of experience or a Bachelor's degree. #BIOMATUSA #CB2019
- Must be open to travel for training and relocation after completion of training.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills including public speaking. Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities. Must be able to read, write, and speak English. Computer literacy: Work Processing , database software and spreadsheet programs, proficiency with email and Internet applications.
Occupational Demands Form #6: Work is performed in an office and/or a laboratory/manufacturing environment. Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Exposure to electrical office equipment. Exposure to extreme cold below -32 degrees, miscellaneous production chemicals, moving machinery and production equipment. Exposure to high levels of noise on production floor. Personal protective equipment required such as protective eye wear, garments, and gloves. Frequently sits for 6-8 hours per day. Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Occasionally walks. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum of 35Ibs. Frequently drives to site locations with occasional travel within the United States. Able to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand it; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. Must work with diverse groups to obtain consensus on issues.
URL blocked - click to apply
Provide Actionable Feedback
Assessing Training Needs