To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ashland, VA 23005
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • Ashland, VA
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill their Wastewater Engineer position. Under the direction of the Laboratory Manager, the qualified applicant will provide functional and technical assistance in the laboratory including performing treatability studies for difficult water matrixes in complex treatment lines, conducting research both in the laboratory and field, set up and execution of sampling and testing programs, applies knowledge of principles and practices of chemistry, biology, microbiology and mathematics required in an analytical laboratory setting, use standard good laboratory practices and QA/QC procedures, and other applicable standards to collect and analyze samples of water, wastewater, and industrial process water for a variety of environmental test conditions.
- Oversee performance of routine physical and chemical analyses of water and wastewater samples according to documented requirements and in accordance with established procedures;
- Assist in the daily laboratory operations and analysis;
- Manage and conduct key client treatability studies supporting both the internal global business units and external clients;
- Provide process treatment recommendations;
- Oversee the preparation, review, and presentation of technical papers and reports;
- Assist in maintaining all laboratory operations in accordance to the quality assurance plan;
- Maintain a safe laboratory environment;
- Ensure the quality of data produced by the laboratory;
- Technical understanding & working knowledge of applicable instrumentation & Standard EPA methodologies related to water and wastewater treatment;
- Proficiency in both verbal and written communication, inclusive of working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.Ability to follow instructions
- Planning & organization skills
- Strong Troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to stand up to 8 hours, bend, stoop, reach, and twist during various tasks throughout the day
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline preferred; chemical engineering, civil engineering, environmental engineering is acceptable
- Five to seven years of experience in a process chemistry or environmental engineering setting
- Water and wastewater treatment experience preferred;
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178