If you are a Customer Service Specialist looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Shakopee, MN location, you will provide professional customer service in management of business-to-business purchase orders through effective use of tools, resources, and communication skills to meet customer satisfaction goals and company objectives
- Acts as service subject matter expert representing multiple business units for customers, technicians, BDMs, RMs, etc.
- Uses advanced problem-solving skills to efficiently schedule technicians, maximizing cost-effectiveness
- Prioritizes workload based on business needs and easily manages frequently changing levels of priority
- Interacts with various business areas dependent on the order needs including safety, legal and contracts, service centers, order entry, etc.
- Focuses on relationship management with technicians, sales, and leadership in order to better serve customers
- Acts as a liaison to the project management group in the fulfillment and coordination of large-scale projects
- Informs management of issues or areas of conflict that may pose a threat to the customer relationship, as well as process and policy improvement opportunities
- Maintains basic knowledge of the various equipment of BUs handled and assists the team with keeping guides up to date.
- Completes quotes, service orders, trainings, and repairs from start to finish and does so within service levels.
- Communicates professionally and accurately to internal and external customers via telephone, e-mail and/or other standard methods
- Provides a highly responsive, service-oriented interface for customers, sales, technicians, BDMs, other BU contacts
- Initiates discussions with customers to meet or exceed expectations of timeliness and quality
- Resolves problems pertaining to order administration, completion and post order activities by effectively utilizing re-sources (reports, tools, partner contacts)
- Manages service orders to meet customer requirements by using the appropriate tools and administering contract terms and conditions.
- Manages customer purchase orders for multiple Emerson business units and serves as primary customer contact
- Verify orders for accuracy and completeness
- Keeps proper and consistent documentation of customer notes
- Provides after-hours support when needed
Quality and Safety
- Adheres to company policies and practices
- Ensures all orders entered follow safety protocols
- Provides feedback regarding quality issues
- Follows company quality policy and strives to achieve company quality objectives
- Meets departmental performance goals and measures
- Attends required training to assure that quality procedures are followed
- Participates in continuous process improvement activities
- Performance and Business Acumen
- Follows work instructions as directed by department leaders
- Acquires knowledge of business systems and adheres to company standards
- Acquires knowledge of commercial trade practices
- Acquires understanding of the importance of contractual terms and conditions
- Recognize roles of internal and external business partners
- Actively develops skill sets through additional training or education
Export and International:
- Understands and Adheres to US Export laws and Trade Compliance guidelines when administering orders
- Complies with US Export commerce regulations by acting on contracts containing boycott language and red flags
- Utilizes Checkpoint® tools and / or assures that Discount Authority Forms are in place when required.
- Applies destination commissions when required to meet Finance requirements and is responsible for corrections when necessary
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
Experience: Two (2) years of related experience
Night and weekend coverage of the customer support line required on a rotational basis
Legal authorization to work in the United States
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $16.8 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
Complex Problem Solving
Customer Relationship Management