The Oncologynurse is responsible for evaluating, planning, implementing and documentingnursing care for oncology patient population.
- Provides specialized oncology nursingcare to patients in a hospital or clinic setting.
- Performs nursing procedures andprescribed medical treatments.
- Observes and assesses chemotherapypatients' conditions.
- Assures patient safety and stability;reports significant changes to supervisor or physician; records nursing notes on patient chart.
- Interviews and observes patients to ascertainmedical history and current condition; reviews patients’ records; takes vital signs, assessescurrent condition and pain level.
- Administers chemotherapy, bloodproducts, IV fluids and medications.
- Validates chemotherapy doses foraccuracy.
- Reviews and carries out physician’sorders.
- Reports progress and unusualoccurrences.
- Identifies patient needs andhealthcare problems; develops goals, service delivery protocols, and nursing plan of care; evaluates patientprogress and modifies care plans as needed.
- Records and reports all informationwithin scope of authority.
- Performs assessment of patients;evaluates symptoms, and determines essential care required.
- Prepares patients for physician’sexamination, and assists in examination and treatment of patient.
- Educates patients and families aboutcancer diagnosis, prognosis and treatment options.
- Instructs individual patients andfamily on follow-up care, toxicity and side effects of chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
- Assists in assessment of painmanagement.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to communicateeffectively.
- Current RN license.
- Prefer at least 1 year of experiencein oncology
- Current BLS card.
- Must pass criminal backgroundscreening.
- Current TB test or Chest X-ray.
- PALS/ACLSif per contract requirements
- Currentphysical exam per state or contract requirements.
Caitlin Carpenter - Healthcare Recruiter
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer