This position is responsible for the analysis, engineering, implementation, and support of business solutions in relation to the company’s goals. In this role, one can expect to work with various department leaders, executives, and end users to analyze the business operations and provide solutions that will ensure success within the company. This position will report to the ERP Project Manager and will work directly with the ERP team, as well as other members of the IT department.
This position will support the ERP Project Manager during the implementation phase of the ERP project, acting as a liaison between end users and the IT department to document current processes and engineer solutions for business operations. To be clear, we are looking for a business process architect that will help build and implement our new ERP software platform (Canopy).
Santa Monica Seafood is in process of converting from a Linux ERP platform to a Windows-based platform. This conversion is between different software platforms. As such this role will be integral to the implementation and subsequent support of the new software solution. The implementation is in progress and is anticipated to be ongoing for the next two years.
Responsibilities in this Role
- Work with various departments in the company in both a proactive and reactive manner to present business analyst services.
o Analyze, review, and alter processes to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Support the ERP Project Manager during future acquisitions, startups, or expansions of the company.
- Manage and monitor the progress of ongoing projects and follow up on statuses as needed.
- Monitor deliverables and ensure timely completion of projects.
- Compose internal and external SOPs, user guides, videos, and documentation.
- Participate in the development and execution of effective training programs.
- Compose reports utilizing ERP and third-party software.
- Consult with the ERP Project Manager and department leadership regarding ongoing process improvements or changes, and the potential impact of those changes.
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies, hardware, and other tools available, but also help devise innovative solutions in current business processes.
- Assist with custom programming specifications related to ERP manufacturers and internal software developers.
- Demonstrate ability to handle conflicting priorities and challenging situations.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and people, both internal and external.
- Development of new business analysis procedures and methodologies.
- Take part in department tasks and responsibilities. This includes, but is not limited to:
o Department strategy meetings and contribution to overall strategies.
o Participate in Go Live conversions.
o Meetings (on or off-site).
o Willingness to travel to satellite locations (25-40% of the time during ERP conversion).
o Attendance at any required training.
o Employing excellent verbal and written skills in communication.
- Provide helpdesk support to business operations.
- Collaborate with BSA and Infrastructure team members in the IT department as needed.
- 3-5 years experience in a business operation support and engineering role, utilizing an ERP software platform in a distribution and manufacturing environment is required.
o Preference is given to any candidate with Seafood or Food Industry experience, and/or Canopy ERP (by Aspen Systems) experience.
- Excellent planning, organization, and time management skills; must work effectively with team members and management.
- Experience with SQL Server is strongly preferred and will receive special consideration.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio is required.
- Accounting experience is strongly preferred and will receive special consideration.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, CIS (or equivalent), or any relevant degree is a plus, but not required.
- Basic knowledge of software packages such as Bartender, Software, EDI (electronic data interchange)
- Point of sale system experience is a plus.
Santa Monica Seafood Company offers a wide array of health and welfare benefits including choice of PPO or two HMO medical plans, dental, vision, company-paid life and short- and long-term disability coverage. We offer a 401k with a generous match that vests immediately. Paid time off, employee discounts at our markets/cafes/oyster bars, and wholesale pricing on seafood. Voluntary benefiits include optional additional life insurance, accident, critical illness, and hospital indemnity coverage, as well as a veterinary discount program. We offer our employees leadership development and skills traninig programs to enrich their careers. Visit us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to ERP Business Analyst />