You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Inpatient Coding Specialist Work From Home
Sign On Bonus!
This is a remote/work from home position.
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with HCA Healthcare today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401(k), PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity!
Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. Come be a part of the change!
As part of our inpatient coding team, you will work coding quality alerts/edits for hospital inpatient encounters post initial final coding to ensure complete and accurate code assignment, and/or DRG assignment. You will also research and assist with responses to customer’s coding quality concerns. This is a great starting position for those wanting to move from production coding toward a coding quality review position.
In this role you will take action to resolve coding quality alerts/edits and/or address customer’s quality concerns by:
- Verifying accuracy of assigned PCS codes for complex and/or error prone procedures,
- Reviewing charge and procedure code mismatches,
- Verifying the diagnosis coding accuracy for complex and/or error prone DRGs,
- Validating certain discharge dispositions,
- Reviewing codes with revenue integrity for NCD/LCD coverage,
- For certain encounters (e.g., mortalities, cases where LOS is materially different than the DRG’s GMLOS), reviewing encounters for full complete, accurate and consistent coding (accurate principal diagnosis selection, ensure all secondary codes are accurately captured, ensure all procedure codes are captured and sequenced appropriately, verify SOI/ROM, validate DNR and palliative codes),
- Reviewing encounters to determine coding accuracy based on a customer’s specific complaint.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent required
- Undergraduate (Associate's or Bachelor's) degree in HIM/HIT preferred
- Minimum 1 year of acute care hospital inpatient coding required with 3 years preferred
- RHIA, RHIT or CCS preferred
Parallon is an industry leader in revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare, has been consistently named a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have the best experience even after they leave our facilities.
HCA Healthcare is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We’re committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
- Certified Coding Specialist
- Critical Care
- Registered Health Information Technician
- Registered Health Information Administrator
- Procedure Codes
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2332287237
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.