Roles and Responsibilities
Lead CoStar’s analytic coverage of the greater market based in Kansas City.
The Director of Market Analytics oversees the production of all analytic content for the market, including the market and submarket-level reports, analytic updates, new stories, and digital content. The Director of Market Analytics is CoStar’s key client- and industry-facing representative to deliver CoStar’s view of the market and the outlook. The Director of Market Analytics may also build and lead a team of analysts, depending on the needs of the particular market.
Analyze market data and draw insightful conclusions.
The Director of Market Analytics is responsible for utilizing all the data available at CoStar and to manipulate, aggregate and organize this data to uncover trends, patterns and other insights of interest to the commercial real estate industry.
Maintain well-written, timely CRE market and sub-market reports.
One of the primary work products of the Director of Market Analytics is written analysis and commentary on sub-markets and markets covered by CoStar. This commentary should be relevant, insightful, interesting and thought provoking to CoStar clients.
Regularly review CoStar data for accuracy, timeliness and quality.
The Director of Market Analytics is responsible for monitoring CoStar data for the metro, reviewing for accuracy, and ensuring errors and outliers are corrected in a timely manner.
Translate analysis and insights into meaningful presentations and deliver them to the market.
CoStar’s Director of Market Analytics will maintain and deliver in-person market updates to CoStar clients and industry groups, focusing on economic and CRE trends in the market.
• 7+ years of experience working in real estate, with deep familiarity of the local market and industry participants.
• College degree, preferably in economics, finance, or real estate; graduate degree preferred.
• Expert understanding of economic theory and principles and their application to the real estate industry.
• Experience building and managing a team of analysts.
• Demonstrated writing skills; ability to write effectively and in large volumes.
• Strong data and analysis skills, in particular using MS Office.
• Polished presentation and communication skills; comfortable speaking and presenting to others, often in large groups, about market conditions.
• Strong work ethic; self-starter yet able to work in a team environment.
• Client orientation, a desire to help clients succeed.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the US
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing