Advanced Quality Engineer
Location: Troy, MI
Full time direct hire
No Visas: Must be US Citizens, Green Card or Canadian on TN
Ensure compliance with ISO/TS Quality Standards including delivering to APQP/PPAP requirements for automotive hardware design, development, and implementation; developing and maintaining product inspection test and statistical process control procedures; support development of control plans, FMEA's and quality system definition by performing the following duties.
- Utilize quality experience in the following discipline to support the organization as required:
- ISO/TS/OHSAS Quality/Safety/Environmental Standards
- Product APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning)/PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) Requirements
- SPC (Statistical Process Control)
- FMEAs (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
- Control Plans
- MSA (Measurement System Analysis)
- Divisional Problem Solving Methodologies
- Develop, maintain and ensure project on-time delivery of all quality deliverables per development process.
- Define and facilitate APQP/PPAP quality of event per development process for designed products
- Support the development of Control Plans, FMEA's, Flow Charts, and Inspection Instructions supporting engineering and production teams (as required).
- Support the quality Customer Service team with technical quality expertise for customer concern/complaint root cause analysis and corrective action(s) verification (as required).
- Document and maintain Quality Operating System (QOS) processes and procedures.
- Champion definition and maintenance of Integrated Management System (IMS) in compliance with ISO/TS 16949, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 requirements.
- Plan and manage ISO/TS/OHSAS internal audit plans; and lead follow-up and closure of all Opportunity for Improvement (OFI), Corrective Action Report (CAR) and/or Non-conformance (NC) actions.
- Lead follow-up and on-time closure of all ISO- ISO 9001/14001 and OHSAS 18001 external audit OFI's, CAR's and/or NC's
- Support the Purchasing team by managing supplier development quality activities (i.e. ensuring supplier quality non-conformances are addressed, supporting supplier selection activities/decisions, tracking supplier quality data and improvement plans).
- Provide quality control engineering support to manufacturing operations.
- Recommend modifications/improvements to existing quality standards to achieve optimum quality.
Education and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree (BSME or BSEE) preferred, or other Engineering disciplines may be considered) from a four-year college or university or equivalent; five to seven years Quality Engineering experience in a manufacturing or research and development environment and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC
- Working knowledge of 8D, Control Plans, Process Audits, Poka-Yoke preferred.
- Able to interpret engineering drawings.
- Working knowledge and internal auditing experience of TS16949 (or ISO9001), ISO 14001 and OHSA 18001.
5S experience desired; Lean / Six Sigma knowledge and certificates are a plus
- ASQ certifications a plus CQE, CQA, CRE, CQM
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, planning, and the ability to monitor activities according to priority.
Advanced Product Quality Planning
Failure Mode Effects Analysis
Ohsas 18001 Standard
Production Part Approval Process
Iso 14000 Standard