Staff Accountant candidates will be interested in Robert Half Finance's full-time opportunity with an innovative Retail - Food Store company. To thrive in this position, you will need to be driven by a challenging work environment with many components. In this Staff Accountant role, it will be critical for you to prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation. To thrive in this role, you will need to perform internal reporting during the monthly close, participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules reporting processes. Located in the Irving, Texas area, this position is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity to work for a company that recognizes and rewards hard work. This is a job where a detail-oriented and analytical thinker with a talent for creating Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets can thrive.
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations which include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Maintain, implement, and adhere to internal controls. Also ensure that accounting procedures comply with GAAP
- Assist with the month end, quarter end and year end closing process by preparing monthly financial close workbooks
- Manage schedules for monthly payments and capital lease
- Produce analyses for monthly balance sheets and income statements for reporting by management
- Ad hoc reporting and performing special projects upon request
- Take part in various department-wide initiatives
- Handle intercompany transactions, billings, and reconciliation
- Analyze and coordinate a variety of financial data, and report it in a useful and understandable manner
- In-depth experience with month end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Periodically maintain and reconcile journal entries
- Produce journal entries and perform the month end close under minimal supervision
- Maintain fixed asset ledgers, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong analytical capabilities and discernment
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
- High attention to detail
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
- Spreadsheet and database capabilities
- Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled with ERP systems
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Standard Accounting Practices