Health Unit Coordinator/Patient Care Technician Certified AdventHealth
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth
- Work for a Faith-Based, Non-Profit Healthcare Organization
- Patient and Employee Focused Organization Providing Whole Patient Care
- Competitive Salaries and $2000 Sign On Bonus Available
- Opportunities for Education Reimbursement for Career Advancement
- Career Growth and Advancement Potential
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Answers telephone and relays messages, making calls as directed.
- Communicates effectively with co-workers, physicians, and vendors.
- Assists daily in maintaining orderly, clean and quiet work area.
- Performs routine basic Patient Care Tech tasks and routines in a safe, competent, therapeutic and cost effective manner include but not limited to the following:
- Documentation, Monitoring, Procedures, Daily inventory
- Maintains respect and privacy at all times.
- Performs basic patient care unit routines including but not limed to the following: obtain vital signs (temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and respirations), keep patient rooms stocked with gloves, replace unit sharp containers per policy, and keep patient areas in a reasonably clean and appropriate condition. Clean procedure room and redress procedure table.
- Check and refill linens daily, clean stretchers as needed.
What You Will Need:
- High School diploma
- General secretarial skills, including typing and PC computer skills.
- Must have a State of Florida Certified Nursing Assistant/Nursing Assistant Certificate, Patient Care Technician Certificate or the equivalent of one year of nursing school education.
- Must maintain a current Basic Life Support.
- Prior nursing aide or PCT experience preferred with knowledge of medical terminology
Performs a wide range of secretarial duties. Assists in coordinating activities and the daily schedule with the Clinical Leader and other departments to expedite the efficient functioning of the unit consistent with the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures of the department. Also performs the following clinical tasks and responsibilities specific to the Patient Care Technician in a safe, therapeutic and competent manner to meet the needs for basic patient care management under the general and direct supervision of the Professional Registered Nurse. These clinical tasks include but are not limited to the following: Basic patient care, routines and procedures: vital signs, Accucheck skills and the discontinuation of a saline lock and/or IV site. Primarily assists the patient and the nurse to accomplish quality patient care outcomes and customer satisfaction. Functions as an active team member in the delivery of safe, competent, therapeutic and cost effective patient care for the following populations: geriatrics, adult. Primary function is to assist with the basic patient care needs management of the patient under the general and direct supervision of a nurse. Demonstrates effective use and support of the Superior Service Standards within the hospital and clinical setting. Responsible to adhere to the, Advent Health
Compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state and federal agencies and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Patient Care Technician
Certified Nursing Assistant
Basic Life Support
Registered Nurse Certified