ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton is a faith inspired non-profit organization, mission-driven, family-friendly, and passionate about services to our communities. We offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities in the areas of Direct Care, Clinical, Fundraising, Human Resources, IT, Finance, Marketing, and Nursing. When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and an environment that promotes inclusion. Some of our benefits include: generous paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time; excellent health & pension plans; and wide array of training and staff development opportunities to earn on-site CEUs. Catholic Charities is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for staff as well as for people seeking assistance. To learn more about the agency, please visit our website at : [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Youth Group Facilitator.
Position Objective: To provide substance abuse prevention services to youth, families and company members.
Duties and Responsibilities: Supervised by Program Coordinator, Youth Group Facilitator works in schools and communities to facilitate substance abuse prevention services based on Botvin Life Skills curriculum.
- Facilitate groups for youth and/or parents
- Provide knowledge regarding substance abuse (tobacco and other drugs)
- Develop critical life skills, social skills and coping abilities
- Access prevention education needs of students and implement curricula as indicated during sessions
- Participate in program evaluation by administering pre/post test
- Document content of group and individual sessions, noting attendance and participation
- ttend annual trainings and staff meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Education, Counseling, Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Health Education or related field as required
- Teaching experience working with children, preferred
- Experience in public speaking
- Bicultural/bilingual in Spanish and English, preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of addictions, preferred
- Evidence-based curriculum training must be obtained within 30 days of employment