To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
PRN MTM Pharmacist with Alabama license
Cardinal Health • Birmingham, AL
Posted 2 months ago
The Clinical Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Pharmacist will provide patient centered MTM services for the purpose of optimizing medication therapy to improve clinical, economic and humanistic outcomes. The Clinical MTM Pharmacist will participate in a broad spectrum of MTM services including, but not limited to, Comprehensive Medication Reviews, Targeted Interventions, Adherence Monitoring Interventions, Cost-Effective Interventions and Transitions in Care to help achieve these outcomes. MTM services may be provided to patients telephonically, by remote video link (telehealth) and/or face-to-face (in-person).
- Deliver MTM services, including but not limited to, Comprehensive Medication Reviews, Disease Specific Medication Reviews, and Targeted Interventions to assess appropriateness of all medications, to optimize medication therapy and to improve clinical outcomes
- Conduct patient-centered Adherence Monitoring MTM services to help patients identify barriers with adherence and develop solutions to overcome those barriers
- Assist with managing medication costs through cost-effective interventions which may include, but are not limited to formulary and therapeutic interchanges, pill splitting opportunities, and assessing unnecessary and/or duplicate medication therapies
- Efficiently assess prescribed medication therapy for unnecessary medications, need for additional medications, ineffective medications, inappropriate doses, adverse drug reactions, and adherence concerns
- Evaluate and document clinical responses to therapy including prior adverse reactions and efficacy
- Collaborate with prescribers, interdisciplinary care teams, patients and/or caregivers to identify and develop patient-specific disease state therapy goals
- Determine appropriate interventions to resolve medication therapy problems, achieve goals of therapy and prevent new medication therapy problems
- Communicate professionally and discuss/document clinical recommendations/interventions to prescribers and interdisciplinary care teams
- Work with assigned pharmacy technician to follow-up on pending recommendations/interventions with prescribers, interdisciplinary care teams and/or pharmacists and appropriately document outcomes
- Follow-up with patients and/or caregivers and appropriately document outcomes
- Coordinate medication reconciliation across the continuum of care by providing comprehensive reviews, addressing adherence concerns, assisting with patient education and monitoring clinical outcomes to help prevent unnecessary readmissions, lapses in care and adverse drug reactions
- Accurately document all services in a timely manner
- Provide patient-centered education on chronic disease states including medications used for prevention and treatment
- Contact patients and assigned pharmacies to introduce and explain the benefits of MTM services
- Ensure patients and assigned pharmacies have a positive experience by providing a high level of customer service by answering promptly, professionally, and politely
- Meet productivity and performance expectations set forth by manager
- Other duties as assigned
Skills Required to Perform Job
- Knowledge and understanding of the 5 Core Elements of MTM services – 1) Medication Therapy Review – Comprehensive and Targeted, 2) Personal Medication List (PML), 3) Medication-Related Action Plan (MAP), 4) Interventions and Referrals, and 5) Documentation of Services and Follow-up
- Strong Telephonic Skills – able to speak clearly and communicate with senior citizens, patients, other pharmacists and health care providers using the telephone
- Excellent Listening Skills – present a warm, friendly, and empathetic atmosphere demonstrating active listening techniques
- Clear and Concise Communication Skills – able to articulate information, both verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise professional and grammatically correct manner
- Consistent Professional Demeanor – maintain professional attitude and behavior at all times
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills – demonstrate empathy with callers in tone, language, questions and demonstrate patience, caring, sensitivity, empathy, and cultural competency throughout job responsibilities
- Exceptional Interviewing Skills – able to probe and question patients or health care providers to extract information to understand concerns and needs
- Conflict Resolution Skills – able to defuse potential customer or patient conflict utilizing the appropriate tone, support, questions or counsel and respond in a supportive manner
- Strong Work Values – able to follow all company and departmental processes and procedures
- Self-management Skills – self-motivated, organized, and detail oriented
- Knowledge of the Law – abide by state pharmacy law and CMS compliance measures, ensure privacy and confidentiality as required by HIPAA and company and department guidelines
- Maintain Licensure – maintain active pharmacist licensure in states required for business needs
- Able to efficiently navigate approved MTM platforms
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Able to multi-task using multiple computer databases/platforms/applications
- Onsite at a facility in Birmingham AL
Available to work a maximum of 19 hours weekly
- Board Certification in Ambulatory Care or Pharmacotherapy, or other Board Certification provided through American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- Pharmacist licensure in multiple states
- Motivational Interviewing Skills
- Cultural Competency Training
- Active pharmacist licensure in the state of Alabama (in good standing)
- BS in Pharmacy or PharmD from a college accredited by ACPE or graduate of a foreign college of pharmacy
- Ability to acquire pharmacist licensure in multiple states, if requested
- Completion of a MTM certificate course
- Strong clinical therapeutic skills and demonstration of knowledge of appropriate medication dosing in geriatric and adult populations
- Must be able to work independently in a collaborative environment, be self-directed and possess excellent organizational skills
- Must be computer/technology competent
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.