You are key to ensuring an excellent store experience and a role model for building relationships with Customers and Associates. You are passionate about aligning yourself with business needs and achieving store goals. You have proven success achieving results both independently and through others by fostering a spirit of teamwork. Our Customers come to us to fulfill a need, complete a project on their boat, or gather items for a great day on the water; you guide your team to ensure Customers leave with the right products to make that happen. Each interaction with a West Marine Customer is an opportunity for you to exceed their expectations and ensure they remain a loyal Customer.Qualifications
Why West Marine?
- Enjoy coaching, mentoring and growing your team for excellent store operations.
- Ability to lead by example, greeting Customers and engaging them to ensure we fulfill their boating needs. Agile leader who enjoys prioritizing and planning to drive results and meet business goals.
- Keen interest in providing great Customer interactions and service, while sharing knowledge and passion about West Marine products.
- Ability to train Associates to handle a wide variety of transactions to help Customers seamlessly complete their purchases.
- Available to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including nights, weekends and some holidays.
We take care of our Customers, we take care of each other and we value our local communities. These founding principles were just as important to our mission statement 50 years ago when we began, as they are today. We are enthusiastic about serving boaters where they live, where they boat, and in our local communities.
- We offer competitive benefits, including:
- Healthcare coverage for full-time Associates
- Generous merchandise discounts
- Paid time off
- Growth and development opportunities
Our goal is to be the best boating supply company in the country and we do this by living our values. Our values are built around superior Customer service, being trustworthy, transparent, supportive and collaborative. Come join our team!Requirements
Retail supervisory experience (preferred).
Excellent communication and customer service experience.
Comfortable assuming additional management responsibilities in absence of Manager. Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
Actively participate and collaborate with other Associates to achieve business goals. A passion for boating or for life on and around the water.
Ability to lift and mobilize items weighing 40 pounds to shoulder height, unassisted.
- Agile Leadership
- Business Requirements
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Service
- Greet Guests