To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Petaluma, CA 94952
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Parmatech • Petaluma, CA
Posted 26 days ago
Parmatech Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of ATW Companies based in Petaluma, CA, is a leading supplier of complex custom manufactured metal components to demanding markets (medical, industrial, defense, aerospace, etc.) Parmatech deploys established and emerging technologies such as Metal Injection Molding (MIM), micro-machining, and 3D Printed Metal (3DPM) to deliver consistent high quality product. Parmatech is a pioneer in MIM, developing, patenting, and licensing the technology in the early 1970’s to help kick start a market that is now over $2.5 Billion. MIM is a low cost, high volume manufacturing process producing parts to near net shape, reducing or eliminating the need for secondary and machining operations. 3DPM is cutting edge technology that can deliver concept to prototype in 2 weeks and deliver complex shapes not possible with machining, casting or molding. Parmatech has recently announced a partnership with HP in launching the HP Metal Jet 3D printing system with the goal of continuing Parmatech’s pioneering spirit of developing cutting edge metal fabrication technologies. Parmatech has over forty-five years of operational experience on the world stage of metals fabrication, and in serving the Northern California community. Our goal is to continue our history of success and sustainability in business, culture, and community.
The primary responsibility of the Manufacturing Manager is to manage, coordinate and oversee manufacturing and production. Ensures all manufacturing functions are performed in a timely, cost-effective manner consistent with established procedures and requirements. Manages staff to ensure conformance to established principles; implements best practices that maximize efforts to improve overall effectiveness and financial performance of manufacturing.
- Develops, implements, and monitors department budgets; manages expenses within approved budget constraints
- Design, develop, and implement processes that increase throughput, reduce cost, and/or improve quality for all manufacturing.
- Coordinates with sales and customer service to resolve all manufacturing customer complaints.
- Maintains knowledge of machine capacity and develops solutions for efficient utilization.
- Ensures all safety rules and government regulations are followed; including but not limited to development of and training on safety processes.Personally investigates or oversees the investigation of accidents in a timely, accurate, and complete manner.
- Ensures that employees have the required safety training and are consistently working in a safe manner; coordinates, develops and implements safety processes to reduce accidents and injuries.
- Helps develop and communicate goals, objectives, and key initiatives to improve plant performance; identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Drives lean culture in manufacturing using principles of TOC & Lean.Works to achieve visual factory with visible flow and effective communication.
- Ensures approved manufacturing best practices, work instructions, and methodologies are being followed.
- Selects, supervises and develops staff to meet manufacturing demands and provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of employees actively working to promote and recognize performance.
- Provides leadership cultivating an employee environment of trust, teamwork, accountability, self-confidence, problem solving and business ownership.
- Reviews, analyzes, modifies, and implements effective and efficient manufacturing processes, policies, and procedures.
- Plans, organizes, and directs production activities to meet or exceed established production schedules and goals in a cost-effective manner and interfaces with others department managers to control operating costs.
- Leads root cause analysis efforts to address challenges including product quality, equipment downtime and gaps to goals.
- Interfaces with Quality personnel to ensure highest degree of final quality and develop new and better quality methods.Coordinates with managers and supervisors to establish production and quality control standards.
- Coordinates with staff to address organizational needs, equipment utilization and maintenance.Ensures that operational supplies are on hand and available at all times.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment and able to demonstrate solid experience with the following:
- Proven Leadership Skills
- Manufacturing Operations
- Root cause analysis tools and techniques
- ISO 9001 Quality Systems
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five year’s related experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and leading employees
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic competence in operational duties and tasks
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Commitment to excellence and high standard
- Ability to work independently, as a member of various teams and committees and work with all levels up to and including executive leadership
- Proven project management experience
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Proficient computer skills MS Office, and production database systems