GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Under the general direction of the Directors, provides a broad range of administrative assistance to support the leadership, staff and daily operations of both Ambulatory Capacity Management and MGH Contact Center departments within Ambulatory Operations and Services. Participate in and provide support to projects and programs; complete special assignments. Act as point person to address administrative and office operational needs. Utilize excellent skills in customer service, office administration and Microsoft Office to complete assignments and assist others.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working collaboratively and independently, provide administrative assistance to the director and staff that is well organized, service oriented and supports the day-to-day operations and growth of these two departments.
* Provide efficient calendar management to coordinate the work schedules of the director and staff; collaborate with others to ensure timely scheduling, accuracy and communication regarding changes.
* Schedule routine, diverse and complex meetings on and off site; work with other administrative personnel within the hospital and with vendors to coordinate meeting planning; arrange meeting space, audiovisual needs, food, and other logistical support; coordinate scheduling of shared conference room; may coordinate travel and accommodations.
* Prepare correspondence, reports, standard slide decks; document office and other procedures and prepare program and department data and statistics; establish and maintain databases for department records, lists and other needs.
* Support financial/payroll needs of the department: process travel and expense reimbursements and check requests; collaborate with Purchasing and Finance to resolve discrepancies; complete various analyses, documents and support for budget, productivity, and other financial planning needs; serve as Kronos timekeeper.
* Monitor office operations to identify areas for improvement; independently or in collaboration with the directors evaluate, recommend, and implement action items and plans; projects may include onboarding new employees, documentation management (use of SharePoint, Teams, etc), and others as assigned.
* Develop and maintain electronic files and sharing/retention systems; serve as SharePoint administrator; investigate and recommend new methodologies, applications, and products. Management of department general inbox, ensuring all inquiries are responded to appropriately by team members and the inbox remains organized.
* Coordinate office operations to include inventory and maintain office supplies, monitor, and troubleshoot office equipment; work with vendors to arrange equipment maintenance and repairs according to service contracts; monitor equipment contracts and refer renewals to director.
* Tracks and manages department user access to Epic environments, including Production, Test and Support. Includes tracking on deactivation dates to ensure no disruption in access
* Manages coverage changes in Salesforce Client Management System to ensure ticketing routes to appropriate architect/team
* Meet regularly with the directors to identify and address administrative needs; participate in department meetings, take minutes, manage tasks/action items and when needed present information on administrative topics.
* Coordinate office, space management and maintenance needs with appropriate hospital departments.
* Properly communicate and utilize confidential and sensitive information.
* Develop and maintain effective relationships to facilitate department programs, projects, and initiatives; function as a liaison to other administrative offices, ensuring needs are met.
* Provide coverage for other division administration personnel when requested.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
Ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to work within timeframes and deadlines; seek or provide assistance when needed
Take responsibility for work process and product, ensuring timely and accurate work; coordinate multiple tasks effectively and efficiently; take initiative on work, projects, and processes; flexibility to handle shifting priorities and deadline pressures
Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office and including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; accurate data entry
Understanding of and ability to manage competing priorities, differing perspectives and need for collaboration
Advanced understanding of office administration, protocols and remote working systems and communication tools like MS Teams and Zoom.
Effective interpersonal skills to allow maximum engagement with personnel from all levels of the organization, including executives and their staff; able to interact appropriately with external personnel, such as vendors; professional demeanor in person and by telephone; work with discretion and appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information
Able to communicate information in writing and orally; able to document processes, create graphs and charts and professionally discuss work-related subjects and clearly present technical information
Excellent customer service skills with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems
Some college/ Associate's Degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
3 - 5 years' work experience in an operations or business settings, preference for previous healthcare business operations experience.
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY: Indicate financial "scope" information, e.g. size of budget, volume, revenue, etc.
Cost-effective ordering of supplies and prudent use of resources
Hybrid role, primarily remote with occasional need for travel to the MGH main campus in Boston or the MGB offices at Assembly Row.
- Audio Equipments
- Capacity Management
- Customer Service
- Data Entry