Job DetailsJob Location
Knoxville TN - Knoxville, TN
ENG serves the energy industry with a focus on innovative, cost-effective solutions. ENG has grown into a recognized, international corporation by remaining committed to our clients with fresh ideas and professional experience.
ENGs expertise reaches numerous market sectors, including, but not limited to: oil, gas, and petrochemicals, chemicals, power, renewables, automation, and integration. Services include EPFC(m) (Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication and Construction (Management)) projects. We firmly believe that attention to detail drives the success of our projects, thus driving the success of our clients.
This is a lead level Piping Designer role. The Piping Designer accomplishes results through teaming with lower-level experienced exempt employees. Develops solutions to problems of unusual complexity that require a high degree of innovation and ingenuity. May lead a section or group of designers/drafters, usually on a single project in a specialized field.
- Accomplish results through teaming with lower-level experienced exempt employees.
- Develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity that require a high degree of innovation and ingenuity.
- May lead a section or group of designers/drafters, usually on a single project in a specialized field.
- Perform standardized or prescribed assignments involving sequence of related operations.
- Interact with internal and external personnel on matters of moderate importance.
- Design components or portions of systems, and modifies existing designs to develop or improve them.
- Use computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools to gather information, make studies, perform calculations, and prepare original rough layouts and sketches to present design proposal.
- Coordinate design criteria with engineering, tooling, material, and planning group in accordance with contractual specifications.
- Candidates will be responsible for oversight of Piping Design activities in Conceptual, FEL, Detail Design and Construction phases of projects, as well as assisting on project proposals occasionally.
- Candidates are responsible for estimating, schedule planning, management of budget & progress, management of change, client interface in office & jobsite, workshare interface with HVEC counterpart, oversight of design staff in plot plan layout, 3d modeling, internal and client model reviews, and IFC activities.
- 20+ years industry experience in Refinery and Chemicals downstream projects.
- Large capital project lump sum project experience and workshare is a plus.
- 4+ years SmartPlant S3D experience (actual modeling or managing) preferred
ENG offers comprehensive compensation packages with competitive pay and exceptional benefits. Interested candidates, please visit our website at www.englobal.com, and click on the careers link at the top of the page to submit your application.
ENG is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.NO STAFFING FIRMS PLEASE
- Attention To Detail