To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- West Fargo, ND 58078
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Machine Data Science Co-op
Doosan Bobcat NA • West Fargo, ND
Posted 3 days ago
You have the knowledge, now gain the experience. And why not with a global market-leading company? At Doosan Bobcat we offer a robust internship program to college students like you. Hone your creativity, critical thinking abilities, and your collaborative spirit, all while moving our company forward.
Build your future on a foundation of proven success. For us innovation is key, we strive to produce an experience for students beyond other traditional internship programs. You will be referred to as a "co-op" and you will be considered a true employee. Co-op positions are an eight-month long opportunity. You don't need a lot of experience to join, just bold dreams and a strong work ethic. Give us eight months and we'll give you a path for a lifetime.
As a Machine Data Science Co-op, you’ll learn and participate in the various business activities developed by the leader in the compact equipment industry. As the IoT allows industries of all types to collect extreme amounts of data to better the customer experience, minimize product downtime and enhance / create new products, the process to analyze and make sense of the data provides an extremely valuable opportunity.
Role & Responsibility
- Focus on the processes and tools involved for data analysis [Collect > Enrich > Refine > Analyze > Present]
- Become familiar with the processes and technologies involved in collecting, gathering and organizing machine data
- Gain knowledge of where to find any contextual business data that adds value to our IoT data
- Use tools and processes to focus on driving data quality and integrity
- Learn and apply different approaches to analyze the data through quantitative analysis (correlation; multiple regression; regression trees; artificial neural networks; random forest; etc.]
- Share stories told by the analysis with functional stakeholders for validation and action planning (storytelling)
- Working on projects identified by the cross-functional "Machine Data Analytics Power User Group“ - Become a resource to perform analytics work for the cross functional group
- Solve problems, answer important business questions and identify trends using analytical tools and processes for a cross functional group
- Apply computer programming skills to organize, manage and analyze large sets of data
- Gain an understanding of our core products and how they are programmed to communicate
- Become an internal expert on all data points being collected through our IoT initiative
- Assist in identify anomalies within the data and working cross functionally to understand and communicate those anomalies
- Junior or Senior standing seeking a degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, or any technology related program
- 3.0 or higher GPA
- Be able to commit to Bobcat for the entire term of the co-op (8 months)
Experience Required: 0>2 years
Travel Required: <10%
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Basic experience in data analysis and statistical analysis skills are desired.
- Basic experience with application suites, databases, or application programming
- Comfortable presenting analysis and research to senior managers.
- Be able to adapt to working in a corporate setting.
- Be able to independently work through a project from start to finish with limited supervision, as well as have the skills to work collaboratively on a team.
- Have the vision to identify problems, make recommendations and provide creative and realistic solutions.
- Be able to self-manage time and set priorities amidst multiple project requests and deadlines; be organized in order to complete projects in line with expectations and deadlines.
- Possess strong communication skills, including the ability to listen and quickly understand new projects, proactively communicate concerns and effectively present to a group.
- Possess a can-do attitude in order to enthusiastically deliver results to a department that depends on you.
- Competitive pay
- Gain experience on real-life projects
- Work directly with skilled professionals at a global company
- Attend student specific events tied to innovation, manufacturing processes, and product training
- Opportunity to give back through organized employee community service events
- First access to full-time career opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for co-op/internship related courses up to $1,000
- Steel-toed boot and safety glasses reimbursements
- Relocation reimbursements
- House-hunting or interview travel reimbursements