URL blocked - click to applyleads the sourcing function, including development and implementation of strategic and operational sourcing, procurement, contracting and supply management strategies for either a specified area of spend or business group.
The Category Manager, having commodity management responsibilities of up to $80 million annually, will lead a team responsible for the commodity sourcing strategy development, execution, and end-to-end supply chain performance management to achieve best-in-class product quality, cost, delivery and performance. The Category Manager will need to think creatively and challenge the status quo while upholding the highest levels of integrity and compliance.
- Plan, develop, direct, and implement complex business strategies through the establishment of short/long-range objectives, change management, performance goals, and metrics for each spend category.
- Design and develop organizational sourcing strategies, direct tactical and innovative sourcing programs, adapt to changing market conditions, support new business opportunities, and designs cost reduction strategies.
- Assure proper analysis and application of internal and external industry specific research information to ensure commodity/category strategy is current, risks are identified, and insights are leveraged to identify opportunities that drive value.
- Develop and train sourcing staff to improve functional and business capability. Supports the talent development of all inter-departmental team members and the overall development of cross-functional teams.
- Identify and manage commercial, contractual, operational, financial, reputational, ethical, and procurement risks to minimize negative impacts on organizational objectives while encouraging opportunity and innovation.
- Provide expert advice to key stakeholders on all aspects of supply chain including a detailed knowledge of the supply base and best practice sourcing strategies and negotiation tactics.
- Encourage innovative practices that support business objective achievement.
- Lead team to development strategic supplier partnerships that enhance total value.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manage the performance of Sourcing Leads, Sr. Buyers and/or Buyers.
- Support the management of matrixed purchasing personnel as assigned.
- Recruit, develop and retain staff, partnering with Senior Management, Recruiting and Human Resources. This includes on-boarding and orientation for new hires.
- Provide disciplined performance management for team. Define and communicate annual goals, perform formal and informal performance reviews, and ensure changes and updates are communicated in a timely and professional manner.
- Create enthusiastic, improvement oriented, collaborative team environment
- Proactively identify and resolve personnel issues in conjunction with Human Resources
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated success at building and maintaining efficient and effective supplier relationships.
- Embraces change, challenges status quo, and possesses the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance of, others in sensitive situations
- Strong project management skills with ability to plan tasks, assign resources, manage processes, remove barriers, manage change, resolve conflict, build consensus and motivate team members across multiple projects
- Able to manage people effectively and communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment.
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify high quality solutions.
- 7-10 years of progressive experience in sourcing / procurement in a supply chain or strategic sourcing team, with at least 5 years related leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a concentration in Engineering, Business, or Supply Management preferred.
- Sourcing (or relevant) experience in specific categories assigned strongly preferred.
- Experience managing supplier relationships and negotiating statements of work and service level agreements for individual requirements and within a fixed contract required.
- Wireless telecommunications industry experience, including sourcing or working in the construction or operations functions, preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of MS Office Suite, with particular strength in the use of MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, required.
- Professional certifications strongly preferred (e.g., Certified Public Manager, Certified Professional in Supply Management or Certified in Production and Inventory Management)
- Oracle supply chain modules experiences preferred
Approximately 100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 5% travel may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 1900009F
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
American Tower (NYSE: AMT) is a leading independent owner, operator and developer of wireless and broadcast communication real estate. Our global portfolio includes over 170,000 owned or managed sites and is experiencing steady growth. In addition to leasing space on towers, we provide customized collocation solutions through our in-building systems, outdoor distributed antenna systems and other right-of-way options, managed rooftops and services that speed network deployment.
View the full profile
Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, American Tower has offices across the United States and in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, France, Germany, Ghana, India, Mexico, Nigeria, Paraguay, Peru, South Africa, and Uganda.