Are you looking to make a career change? Do you have a passion for working with people who have ID in their home to meet their long term care needs? Do you value the ability to set your own schedule and have job flexibility? D&S community services, a leader in the provision of long term therapy services, is currently seeking a Full time Occupational therapist to provide home based services in the Nashville area. We are looking for motivated, passionate and self-directed applicants to join our exceptional therapy team as we grow our home based service across Middle Tennessee Region. Strong time management, organization and documentation skills are essential. Traveling with incentive compensation within a 100-mile radius is required. Current license in the state of TN required. Occupational Therapy Assistant Job Responsibilities:
Helps occupational therapy clients by providing rehabilitative services, under the direction of occupational therapists, to persons with mental, physical, emotional, or developmental impairments.Occupational Therapy Assistant Job Duties:
Occupational Therapy Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
- Verifies client information by interviewing client; reviewing and/or recording medical history; confirming purpose of treatment.
- Helps clients improve their quality of life by helping them compensate for limitations, such as, helping injured workers improve their motor skills and re-enter the labor force, and teaching persons with learning disabilities to prepare meals or to use public transportation and increase their independence,
- Follows treatment plan developed in collaboration with occupational therapist by teaching techniques, such as, the proper method of moving from a bed into a wheelchair, and the best ways to stretch and limber muscles; monitoring activities to make sure they are performed correctly; providing encouragement, bringing treatment that is not having the intended effect to the attention of the therapist
- Maintains patient occupational therapy records by recording client's progress for use by the occupational therapist.
- Generates revenues by recording billing information of services rendered.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Serves and protects the occupational therapy practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances occupational therapy practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Documentation Skills, Scheduling, Verbal Communication, Patient Services, Health Care Administration, Hospital Environment, Teamwork, Use of Medical Technologies, Bedside Manner, Dependability, Health Promotion and Maintenance