Teledyne Storm Microwave has been providing high quality interconnect products and cable assemblies to domestic and international defense and telecom markets since 1978.
Located near Chicago, Illinois, Teledyne Storm Microwave was one of the first companies to offer high performance flexible and semi-rigid RF/Microwave cable assemblies with low density, tape-wrapped dielectric.
Today, Teledyne Storm Microwave is well known not only for quality products but also for quality customer relations based on an ongoing commitment to honesty and integrity. Building on our decades of microwave transmission line design experience, we continue to solve engineers' interconnect problems by combining leading technology with the Storm legacy of responsive, flexible, committed customer service.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Teledyne Storm Microwave, a leading manufacturer of R/F microwave cable assemblies, is looking for an Assembler for a temporary assignment at our Woodridge, IL facility.
- Assembling components and/or products in accordance with written procedures and drawings.
- Tinning and wicking components
- Soldering housings or contacts
- Following all written and/or verbal instructions.
- Performing in-process inspection to ensure product meets customer specifications
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Assembly experience or MIL Standard Soldering Certification (plus)
- 1-2 years related experience (plus)
- Must possess a high degree of hand/eye coordination and dexterity
- Must be able to read and interpret documents and drawings
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong math skills
- Lift, move and carry parts, bins, boxes, etc. (weight varies)
- Must be mobile enough to move about the plant as needed to pull and move inventory, goods and products
- U.S. Person required for this position, includes but is not limited to, U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents.
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION
Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a 'U.S. Person' (US citizens, US nationals, lawful permanent residents, asylees or refugees).
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email Email blocked - click to apply
or call Phone number blocked - click to apply
. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.