Provides each of the assigned patients with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the patient’s assessment and care plan, and as directed by the nurse supervisor.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
QualificationsMINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Provides care ensuring patient/resident safety
- Applies & releases restraints, and provides exercise
- Assists patients in and out of bed and into wheelchair with the correct use of the transfer belt and practices proper body mechanics while moving/transferring patients
- Assists patients in bathing: to include bed baths, tub baths, and showers
- Assists patients in dressing or undressing, and personal grooming e.g., oral/denture care, brushing hair, trimming fingernails and toenails, skin care and shaving
- Assists patients to and from activities as requested
- Assists patients to dining area for meals; assists in feeding of patients as needed; passes food trays to individual patients in accordance with diet cards on tray and needs; documents intake of nourishment. Is able to identify the four basic food groups on a sample breakfast, lunch, and dinner meal
- Assists with admissions, discharges, and transfers as requested; understands and utilizes care plans
- Collects stool and urine samples per care plan; cleans bedpans and empty catheter bags, provides external/indwelling catheter care
- Displays proper use and care of lift equipment
- Offers fluids at appropriate times (including routine ice and water rounds) and distributes fresh water to patients and picks up used water pitchers.
- Properly documents in accordance with established guidelines; receives and gives reports on patient’s status or condition.
- Provides for bowel and bladder training/retraining, provides colostomy care
- Provides range of motion exercises for patients
- Provides routine care for the bedfast patient; turns patient intermittently if patient is bedridden due to illness
- Recognizes and reports signs/ symptoms of abuse and/or change in condition
- Removes bedding and replaces with clean linens per schedule or condition
- Takes vital signs of patient, e.g., temperature, blood pressure, and respiration and records information and documents/reports information regarding the patient’s health, I&O, any change of medical condition, and care given
A minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
None MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Active, current and unrestricted Certified Nursing Assistance certification in the appropriate state
Should be a certified nurse assistant in accordance with the laws of the issuing stateJob:
1st ShiftJob Posting:
Jul 12, 2019, 7:10:54 AM
Electronic Medical Record
Arm Hand Steadiness
Conducting Physical Examinations
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 1906180
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
At PruittHealth, Committed to Caring isn’t simply a tagline, it’s the way we do business and it’s ingrained in our culture. At PruittHealth, we don’t hire employees – we welcome partners!
Since its inception in 1969, PruittHealth has been a family-owned innovative organization committed to providing exceptional care across a wide spectrum of services including: skilled nursing care, assisted & independent living, home health care, end-of-life hospice care, rehabilitation, pharmacy/infusion services and more.
Today, the organization is the 14th largest skilled nursing provider in the United States, spans across the Southeast, touches 170 communities, cares for 24,000 patients daily, and is driven by 16,000 passionate partners.
View the full profile