About EMPIRE TODAY
Empire Today has been a leading provider of installed home improvements for 60 years. Empire offers the largest in-stock selection of flooring in the United States. Convenience, quality, and selection make Empire stand out. With Empire Today, homeowners and business customers can get quality Carpet, Hardwood, Laminate, Tile, Vinyl Flooring, and Window Treatments from top brands they know and trust. And because Empire warehouses thousands of products, customers can get the right product, professionally installed when they need it, as soon as the next day.
Empire was founded in 1959 and provides service to more than 70 metropolitan areas in the United States. With more than three million satisfied customers, Empire Today is dedicated to its mission of Making Beautiful New Floors Easy.
The RDC Operations Manager is responsible for getting the right product to the right place at the right time, playing a very significant role in customer satisfaction, installation and sales contractor earnings, and company revenue. To meet this responsibility, the Operations Manager will develop and lead the team in all receiving, warehousing, order picking and preparation, and distribution activities. The Operations Manager will be accountable for both daily operational objectives and longer-term improvements to our operations. Their key objective is to establish & improve a high-performing distribution center/warehouse, serving both the local market and markets within its region with high quality and speed.
The RDC Operations Manager s duties include:
- Manage the team within a Regional Distribution Center to achieve key performance metrics, including both service-level metrics such as fill rate, in-stock position, and, safety and also financial metrics such as operating costs per installation, inventory adjustments, and repairs and maintenance -
- Implements new procedures and rolls out new products which apply to the warehouse operation and its inventory (i.e. cycle counts, working with Loss Prevention, as well as receiving and verifying inventory logs).
- Ensures Empire Today s products are being received, cut, prepared, and distributed to our customers and vendors quickly and accurately, both for the local market being served by the RDC and for the satellite/cross dock markets also supported by the RDC
- Recruits, onboards, and leads their team to accomplish Empire s Mission
- Serve as a member of the country s Warehouse management team; creating and driving improved processes & procedures that will be rolled out nationally and in their own RDC
- Work closely with satellite warehouses to ensure complete and proactive communication and network-wide adherence to operating procedures and protocols
- Establishes and delivers facility performance to annual operating and financial Plans
- Work closely with the market management teams they support to ensure delivery of requirements for customers
- Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned
Knowledge & Skills Required
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of warehouse, supply chain, logistics, distribution, or other related management
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop, and lead a team
- Demonstrated ability to deliver operational, service level, and financial targets over a multi-year period, including appropriate improvements year-over-year
- Preferred background includes:
- significant budget accountability, hire / fire authority, and facilities oversight
- 3+ years as the location manager of a facility with at least 50 staff
- 3+ years as a manager of managers
- Proven track record in leadership and people management, with impeccable ethics
- Excellent problem solving & prioritization skills demonstrated through a sense of urgency, solid judgment, and reasoning ability, proven in a fast-paced & rapidly changing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication and persuasive skills.
- Proficient computer skills with fluency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Employees are eligible for numerous benefits including:
- Quick enrollment into our benefit plans. Eligibility is first of the month following just two weeks of employment.
- 401K Investment Plan
- Medical Insurance with several plan options and a Health Savings Account to meet you and your family s health needs.
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental Insurance Twice a year visits at no cost.
- Vision Insurance with materials coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical & Dependent Care
- Wellness Program A best in class program offering substantial awards payable right on your paycheck
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays including Floating Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) that grows with years of service
- Empire Perks An employee discount purchasing program offering you great savings on the things you want.
The company conducts a background check and drug screen for all new hires.
Empire Today is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
By Submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Empire Today to transmit and store your information in the Empire Today group companies world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.