URL blocked - click to apply
MGA Healthcare seeks experienced ER RN for 13-week travel assignments Jackson, CA. Contract starts 06/04/2019 but we're accepting all applications through 06/05/2019
• 12-hour shifts: 36 hours/week
• Night Shift, 13-week contract
• Benefits available after 30 days of full-time employment
• Up to $600 in travel reimbursement
• $750 referral bonus for any specialty
• Weekly Taxable: $22.00/$33.00= $924.00
• Weekly Stipend: $1043.00
• Weekly Gross: $ 1967.00
• Minimum Exp 1 years in specialty
• Travel experience preferred
Emergency nurses specialize in assessing, intervening and stabilizing a variety of trauma and illnesses with decisive action. Due to the range of medical conditions that may require urgent treatment and care, they must be knowledgeable about general as well as specific health issues. The most important responsibility for an emergency nurse is understanding triage, which is a method of prioritizing injuries based on medical need. An emergency nurse must have the ability to make quick and accurate assessments about incoming patients, including both physical and mental health conditions.
Time management is crucial in this job. Along with triage, emergency nurses must quickly ascertain the following information from incoming patients:
- Identify the medical problem
- Document medical history
- Check for any allergies and current medications
- Obtain height, weight, body temperature, heart rate and blood pressure
Other responsibilities include moving patients, taking blood samples, cleaning and bandaging wounds, administering medications and maintaining proper supplies of medical equipment. Duties
- Provides nursing as ordered on the plan of treatment and nursing care plan.
- Demonstrates and documents clinical skills.
- Each shift or visit reflects the provision of nursing care rendered in accordance with physician’s orders
- New Problems, changes, and/or resolution of problems are identified and followed through as follows:
- Director/Supervisory notification
- Physical notification to obtain necessary orders for intervention(s) per stat regulations
- Documentation of same on clinical notes, supplemental physician orders and nursing care plan
- Observe aseptic technique as required
- Performs specific treatments and medication administration as per care plan
- Functions as a team member demonstrating collaboration with and responsibility to the patient, Physician, and health care team.
- Identifies issues of concern and demonstrates critical thinking skills.
- Displays correct nursing care that reflects compliance with State, Federal regulations.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Supports and executes the mission, ethics, and goals of the company effectively
- Represents themselves in a positive and professional manner in the company and community.
- Adheres to dress code with a clean and neat professional appearance.
- Reports on time and as scheduled in order to complete work within designated time.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures outlines in the Employee Handbook, Employees Agreement, or communicated from executive team.
- Current State License as a Registered Nurse
- Professional experience required per state regulations
- Current CPR certification per state regulations
- Successful completion of the Screen Test with a passing rate
- Flexible and organized with the ability to exercise independent and sound judgement
- Must meet competency as set by MGA Competency Program
Basic Life Support
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
Basic Cardiac Life Support
Pediatric Advanced Life Support
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit