To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Indianapolis, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Civil Engineer / Project Manager - drinking water, storm water, wastewater
DLZ Corporation • Indianapolis, IN
Posted 8 days ago
DLZ currently has a Civil Engineer / Project Manager - drinking water, storm water, wastewater position open in our Indianapolis, IN office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage multi-discipline wastewater, drinking water, and/or storm water engineering projects from planning and procurement through start-up and construction.
- Business and project fee development in municipal water, wastewater, drinking water, and/or storm water.
- Review proposed contracts to determine significant parameters, time schedules and mileposts and define the major task areas.
- Resolve problems and coordinate the final turnover of the project to the client, throughout the project.
- Direct the planning and development of the project scope, procedures, and budget.
- Ensure contractual commitments are met and the work is being performed according to the client's instructions.
- Maintain effective relationships with members of all divisions and departments responsible for performing services in connection with the project.
- Control and/or review all project forecasts, schedules, cost estimates and reports. Responsible for quality control over the complete project.
- Monitor fees and budgets; report problems to the appropriate Department and Division Managers.
- Prepare or direct the preparation of progress and special reports to staff and clients.
- Obtain client's acceptance of work, coordinate completion of final project paperwork and preparation of final report.
- Be actively involved in civic and professional activities, societies and organizations.
- Ensure all work is performed in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the company Health and Safety Plan.
- Possess aptitude to act as a positive representative of the company and its core values.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering field
- 10 or more years’ experience in wastewater, drinking water, storm water design
- Professional Engineer (PE) Registration required, Indiana registration or the ability to obtain within 4 months
- Advance facility planning and preliminary engineering report development experience
- Construction document preparation and modeling experience desired
- Previous project management experience of large municipal water projects preferred
- Proficient with software programs (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, GIS, ArcGIS, etc.) inherent to successful completion of the work assigned
- Strong technical writing skills
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project sites, complying with all applicable safety codes and requirements
At DLZ we offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative wellness program including gym reimbursement!
DLZ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DLZ fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws.